So I Bought Me A POD XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
    I am a longtime 2.0 user, and I upgraded to the XT when it first came out..but I quickly discovered that now amount of tweaking could get the same nice tones I had on my 2.0, not even the same patches! So I took it back to the store and had to buy another 2.0 (which I -still- use for practicing and direct recording when I write stuff)

you can hear a clip of my new stuff using it here: http://resonant.no/music.html
    a raw track not mixed or anything...but it has pretty cool riff tone IMHO

anyway, have fun, Line6 products are way cool and affordable
    I'm curious as to exactly what you didn't like about the XT. I've thought of upgrading, but not if the tone suffers. I'm not a big tweaker, just use the presets mainly.

Comment

the XT's "AIR II" modeling had some issues that many users did not like as much as the original (POD 2.0). since then it has been updated at least 2 times, maybe more, by Line 6. updates can be donloaded and applied via "Line 6 Monkey". these updates make a huge difference in the sound of the XT. i recommend to anyone with an XT, or XT Live, to get these updates.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

There was a lot of controversy whent the XT came out that they "botched" the sounds people were used to getting from the 2.0. Personally, I thought the XT was head and shoulders above the 2.0 from day 1.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Same complaints between the XT and X3. The X3 is my first Line 6 product, and first modeler, so I can't comment on the validity, but in general people don't like change!
          Greg

'86 Model 1
          '87 Model 2
          '88 Model 3A
          '88 Model 3DR
          '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

The thing about POD 2.0 is that it offered "stereotypes" of tones. Which because they were so generic and digital, sounded pretty good.

XT tried to add versatility and DEPTH to models, so you could have many more sims, cabs, etc. You have to tweak and tweak and tweak for a long time to zero in on your tones.

Even now, I like my POD 2.0 a little more, if I switch between them, but for versatility and potential sounds, the XT wins.

The XT sounds amazing through a PA or keyboard amp. I read on the Line6 forums that they are not really meant to be put through a guitar amp.
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
              The XT sounds amazing through a PA or keyboard amp. I read on the Line6 forums that they are not really meant to be put through a guitar amp.
              Would the POD 2.0 sound just as good through the same amp?

I've tried my POD with 3 sets of PC speakers (all of them 2 way without a subwoofer) and haven't been as happy as the sound I get through the headphones.

Comment

I've used mine for recording many times. I plan on using it again to record soon.

You should be able to dial in something decent with the XT. There are so many tone options available, especially with the model packs or whatever they're called.

They are great for recording decent guitar tracks. I think you'll definitely get your moneys worth in terms of tone options and recording capabilities. The more time you spend noodling around with all the options, the better tones you will get.
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I have 2 pod xt's i love them i find they have great tone and are just so versatile i have one dedicated to studio use and another for live, killer sounds live i just run the pod into a power amp then into a quad sounds brutal. I really cant see myself ever carting around tube head to gigs again the pod is just so simple, plus add in a floor board and its the most versatile thing there is, i have a lead sound saved, a rhythm sound and a harmony sound for when myself and the other guitarist are playing twin guitar harmonies, also expanding it now to include a couple of clean sounds and a slightly differant sounding lead sound. Sorry im rambling a bit i just find the pod xt priceless very versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Would the POD 2.0 sound just as good through the same amp?

I've tried my POD with 3 sets of PC speakers (all of them 2 way without a subwoofer) and haven't been as happy as the sound I get through the headphones.
                    I have a Logitech 2.1 set (left and right with subwoofer) and my XT sounds pretty good through them. I think the subwoofer helps make the sound more convincing. I do turn the level on the sub down quite a bit, but with it completely off there is definitely something missing.

Comment

When you guys are running these live are you putting them through an effects loop?
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I go direct to the board AND straight into the power amp of my combo for some stage volume since only half the band uses IEM's.
                        Greg

'86 Model 1
                        '87 Model 2
                        '88 Model 3A
                        '88 Model 3DR
                        '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Working...
                        X