Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin V3 + GT6 4-cable method help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to hook up my V3 with 4-cm to get some effects going on. I've hooked it all up as described on GT Central, but it still seems like the OD loop on the GT is not activated. I have the GT in Manual mode so I can activate effects similar to a pedal board, and OD is set to "Custom" as per GT Central - should it be on "External"? Although I tried that and it didn't seem to make much difference.

Just in case anyone brings it up, I already realised that you gotta turn the damn smart loop on

Any help is much appreciated!

Ok, so I fixed it.

Although I still have a question - what level should the GT-6 loop send/return be at? 100? It's a bit noisy and weird at the moment, although I think one of my cables is shit and that might be the problem..

Comment

I think 100 is correct.

I use the 4cm with a V3 and GT-8, same deal. it works great. people at our shows have been raving about my tone lately, which is really the V3's tone that I'm able to get via that smart loop.

with the loop on you should just hear only your amp, whatever you have that sounding like on each of the 3 channels. try a cable swap and see if that cleans the noise up.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
      X