Delay/Reverb effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
    What are your favorite delays and reverbs out there? Do you prefer the multi-effects pedals or racks units that have delay/reverb patches, or do you like the individual pedals/rack units that are solely dedicated to those 2 effects?

Here's the deal. I've been playing through my 5150 a LOT lately. As of right now, I just plug the guitar into the front of the amp with a BBE 422 in the loop. That's it. But I've been getting some rightous tone out of that minimalist set-up. However, I like a little reverb/echo/delay. Not a lot of effects, just something really subtle.

I've been told that the 5150 doesn't handle multi-effects units very well, except for the G-Major which apparently that amp loves. Most guys who have a 5150 tell me to go the pedal route. I don't know if I would use 1/4 of the effects that the G-Major has to offer. Maybe I'll pick one up someday. But for right now, I think I might look at the individual units dedicated solely to delay/reverb.

Any advice?

The 5150 loves pedals. I found that it didn't react that well to rack mount processors. You can't go wrong with a Boss DD6. The Digitech Digi-Delay is good too. Tech 21 makes a combination Delay/Boost that would be outstanding in the loop of your 5150. Its called the D.L.A.

Comment

I have a G-Major which I tried through the loop of my Uberschall. It sounds good but it seems to reduce my sustain and gain on the amp. The loop in the Uber seems tough to get it to play nice with effects. I tried pedals in that loop with and without using an Ebtech line level shifter and that wasn't good so I tried the G-Major and still hear a bit of loss with it. So now I run pedals through the front of the Uber. Anyway, here is a shot of the G-Major2 from NAMM 2009. They improved the scroll wheels on it and added an effect I beleive plus you can edit it on the laptop via USB port I believe. I can't remember as I wasn't going to re-buy one since I have a G-Major already.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        I have a G-Major which I tried through the loop of my Uberschall. It sounds good but it seems to reduce my sustain and gain on the amp. The loop in the Uber seems tough to get it to play nice with effects. I tried pedals in that loop with and without using an Ebtech line level shifter and that wasn't good so I tried the G-Major and still hear a bit of loss with it. So now I run pedals through the front of the Uber. Anyway, here is a shot of the G-Major2 from NAMM 2009. They improved the scroll wheels on it and added an effect I beleive plus you can edit it on the laptop via USB port I believe. I can't remember as I wasn't going to re-buy one since I have a G-Major already.

Rectifiers don't play nice either.

Comment

Digitech Digidelay.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            It sounds good but it seems to reduce my sustain and gain on the amp.
            That's not good, the Uber doesn't have much gain to start with... :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
            Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I have a couple setups that work more than fine for me. I have the Boss GT-Pro in the rack working w/a SS Art SLA-2. The GT Pro tweaks out well for my delays.

I have a simple pedal chain that I like a lot too. Mostly MXR. Super Comp > Bad Monkey > Dist III > Carbon Copy > ISP Decimator. I usually just run it all into the front of my Carvin V3. Sounds very good through the Art too, bypassing the GT Pro.

W/those two setups I have a lot of lateral options. So, in short, The GT Pro and a Carbon Copy for my delays. I am very happy w/both.
              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
                That's not good, the Uber doesn't have much gain to start with... :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                Exactly! I can't let anything interfere with that gain!
                Smartass!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I use a boss GX700 but I just got a Tc electronics Nova Delay today. I'm switching to pedals. If i like this one i'm buying the G-system
                  This space for rent

Comment

I use an older MIJ Boss rack DE-200 digital delay into the front of my `70's Marshalls with it being the last effect in line and it work out great and does the trick for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X