Amp Regrets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Regrets...

We have had these threads before so with that said... here is another one.

What amp or amps have you sold or traded that you really regret getting rid of? I'll start...

My snakeskin Soldano SLO100 clone. I would love to get it back.
    I sold it to a local JCF'r and I would certainly like to get that amp back.

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb head
    Mesa Boogie Mark III Purple Stripe head

Mesa MK-II C+
    Just a great amp, and I did not appreciate what I was letting go of when I sold it back then.
    I've had plenty of other boogies since, and maybe it's just my brain messing with me, but that thing had it all.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Peavey Bandit 112. Yes, I'm serious. The old original version. That amp kicked MUCH ass. For bedroom/recording of course.

Comment

My 5150 combo amp...
        Don

Comment

every amp i have ever sold off....

1981 JCM800 2204
          boogie MKIV short head
          boogie MKI short head
          soldano SLO100
          soldano X88R
          soldano astroverb

live, none of those amps gave me what i want or need, but now that i am doing a bit of session work again, it would be to have any or all of those again. i CAN cover most things between my vintage fender amps, rivera's and line 6 stuff, but still...
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I regret trying to fix my Marshall Master reverb 30 on my own when I broke the front of the gain knob off.

Comment

JCM900 MkIII Hi Gain Dual Master - thought it sounded like crap at the time...it turns out it just needed new tubes! Ah the ignorance of youth...

Mesa Road King - amazingly versatile amp, but I needed cash bad, so $2000 was more important than an amp that was too big for my dorm room.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Mesa Road King - amazingly versatile amp, but I needed cash bad, so $2000 was more important than an amp that was too big for my dorm room.
                A Road King in your dorm room? Holy shit.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

I miss my Yamaha T-50 head w/1960A cab. Great amp.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                    Peavey Bandit 112. Yes, I'm serious. The old original version. That amp kicked MUCH ass. For bedroom/recording of course.
                    I knew a cat who used a Bandit 1x12 to gig with exclusively. Of course, he had to mike it at bigger shows, but damn could he make that thing growl!
                    "POOP"

Comment

I let my son have a vintage 65 watt Peavey Classic 2x12. That amp was a jewel and if needed, would peel paint off he walls. I sure hope he hasn't pissed it away!
                      "POOP"

Comment

I had an early Carvin X100 that was modded by a guru on the east coast. It was incredible. Sold it to a friend that still owns it and wont part with it. Bastard....
                        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          I let my son have a vintage 65 watt Peavey Classic 2x12. That amp was a jewel and if needed, would peel paint off he walls. I sure hope he hasn't pissed it away!
                          Was that the Classic VTX? That was my first "tube" amp LOL! At least I thought it was tube. It has a pair of 6L6's for output, but the preamp is all SS. I had a lot of fun with it, and sort of miss it.

I also miss my mesa .22+. Great little amp. I tried one at Sam Ash the other day, but it didn't have the EQ, and I didn't like it without the EQ.

I also miss my Studio 22 preamp. Right now, I'm Mesa-less.

But I'm happy with my Marshall and Laneys, so no worries.

I need to try a Soldano. Never have.

Comment

Don, I want to say that it was totally tubular!
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                              A Road King in your dorm room? Holy shit.
                              Heh, yeah it was a bit overkill
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X