Practice Headphones - Suggestions Please:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Headphones - Suggestions Please:

Seems like I’m playing more and more at night when the family is asleep. I’m SICK of my crappy ear buds. What are some good earphones for guitar players?

Thanks in advance…

AKG 240's are great and very very comfortable.

Comment

Sony MDR V150's
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO. Closed cans, little bleed, deep bass response and very comfortable.
        I got the 80 Ohm version and mainly use them for tracking guitars and bass in my homestudio.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Another vote for the akg 240 series, I've had mine for well over 10 years and they are still going strong. Very comfortable and they sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Sony MDR V150's
            I don't know if my Sony's are that model, but they work very well with my POD.

All I know is that the cheapass that I am, I bought them at WalMart and they said Sony on them. Would have been $20 at most.

One thing to consider, do you want headphones that cover the ear completely, or the medium size that makes like a gasket around the ear? Mine are the smaller gasket sized ones.

You also have the smaller foam padded ones like they give you on planes for watching movies, then finally the earbuds that you currently hate.

Comment

I've got Yamaha's... they sound good and they didn't break the bank. No idea what model though.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Another vote for Sony MDR-150's. I've had mine for about 5 years now. I bought them at Target for $25 and they have great sound for the money.
                Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

My Koss Porta-Pros are good. Grado headphones are very well respected, too.

Comment

I'll second Beyerdynamics. I use DT 990 (open) both at home and work and we use them for performing listening tests at work, i.e., subjective tests of stuff like speech and audio coders and enhancement systems. I know they use this model for listening tests in a lot of places.

Comment

Ive had Sony MDR-150's for a while. They were ok with my processor. Then i've switched to Sennheiser HD-202's. HD-202's are much better compare to the MDR-150's IMO. The sound quality is better and they isolate the outside noise pretty good.

If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Sony MDR V150's
                        Guess what?

Those are what I have after all.

Comment

Working...
                        X