I bought a Soldano Hot Rod 50+!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a Soldano Hot Rod 50+!!

Anyone else have one. I've played one before and I picked one up today on ebay. Boa snakeskin and all!! I have a block 5150 but it's getting retired before it gets trashed. The soldano will be my workhorse now. I need a roadcase for it though.
    This space for rent

Very nice. I've often considered getting one myself. I'll bet the snakeskin looks cool.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Congratulations....I have a Hot Rod 50 and cab I picked up new in '94 and used (heavily) without the benefit of a case for several years. Never once had a problem with it-built like a tank and super reliable. Always wanted to grab a 50+ for the second channel but managed to get by without it. I just retired it recently before it got too trashed in favor of a small rack setup. Enjoy!!

Comment

I had a boa HR 50 and they look bad ass! Congrats!

Comment

Great to hear Soldano amps come up again on a thread. I had a black hot rod 50+ a few years ago, and now I have an SLO with boa tolex! Be prepared for a LOT of compliments on your tone! Everywhere I take my SLO, people around me are blown away by the sound. Every time I plug in, I'm blown away. The first time I brought it to a jam session with a bunch of people I didn't even know, the other guitarist there literally stopped playing near the beginning of a song just to comment on the sound of my amp. Can't go wrong with a Soldano. Enjoy.

Comment

Very nice. I have been wanting to get a Hot Rod 100 for a couple years to go with my purple Soldano 4x12s but haven't found a used one while I had spare cash for it.

Comment

I played a great sounding Hot Rod 50 2x12 combo that I'm still kicking myself for not buying.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
              X