Celestion 8" speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion 8" speakers

I'm thinking of getting some replacement celestion speakers for my Rocktron amp as I am not real pleased with the tone. (rocktron velocity v50c) I am considering the ones at the link below, but noticed the frame is closed. WIll these work with an open backed amp?

Shop for the Celestion TF 0818MR 8" PA Speaker: Mid Range 8 ohm in and receive free shipping and guaranteed lowest price.

It's the only 8" celestion I can find that's 25 watts. Does anyone have a recommendation to another brand they like?
    Last edited by stevoc; 02-23-2009, 01:37 PM.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Well, that's the sad-truth...nothing short of a 12" will sound "that-great" for guitars. hence the lack of options. You could spend much money on trying to get a great tone, but at the end of the day, an 8" lacks the balls that only a 12"+ can provide.

Not sure about your budget, but if its not a problem, get a 1x12 cab.
    Sam

Comment

I'll agree that size matters

but I've heard some very good tones from the Vox VT15 with an 8" speaker. But it's a sealed back cab. When you give up size you need to make up for the lack of bass with a sealed cab.

I used to think 10" was my limit, but the Vox was quite good even with a small speaker. I think Cubes do good as well.

Comment

Yes it will work with any kind of enclosure. You just won't get much of a difference between an open-backed and close-backed cab.

Eminence makes some 8" speakers IIRC, but as eb said, an 8" will never match a 12" in low-end frequencies.
        Scott

Comment

Working...
        X