No announcement yet.

Anyone else love their Marshall JVM????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else love their Marshall JVM????

I got to kinda crank my JVM410H when Chris came by over the weekend and realized that I really love that amp. It does everything a good Marshall does, and some things that a Marshall doesn't usually does (like a killer clean).

I think that everytime I start gassing for a new amp, I should just crank the Marshall for a few minutes and I'll be able to save money to get something more important.

Anyone else love their JVM????

I'll be getting my 205c 2x12 combo on Friday. Loved it in the store. Can't wait to get it home.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I'm still using a DSL100 1/2 stack that I love, but I was really impressed with the JVM when I messed with it at GC.

Definitely the jack of all things Marshall. I think I'd be very happy with one.

The only thing with this and the DSL (I popped it open this weekend), is that these newer amps are no way easy to service like the good ol single channel amps. If something goes wrong, you are pretty much at the mercy of a repair shop.

The other thing I've learned, is that I bought the DSL new/retail when it first came out. Sure, it's an Orange Crush special edition, but man the market has tanked for these. I'll be waiting 50 years just for the price to get back to the break even point. I think I paid $1900 for the head and cab back in 1998. I'll wait this time and pick up a JVM used / cheap if I decide to add one to the arsnal(sp?).

Comment

yeah the JVM deffinatly impressed me when i tried it out was thinking bout gettingo ne for a while but then i got a pod xt and didnt see the need for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I'm still using a DSL100 1/2 stack that I love, but I was really impressed with the JVM when I messed with it at GC.

Definitely the jack of all things Marshall. I think I'd be very happy with one.

The only thing with this and the DSL (I popped it open this weekend), is that these newer amps are no way easy to service like the good ol single channel amps. If something goes wrong, you are pretty much at the mercy of a repair shop.

The other thing I've learned, is that I bought the DSL new/retail when it first came out. Sure, it's an Orange Crush special edition, but man the market has tanked for these. I'll be waiting 50 years just for the price to get back to the break even point. I think I paid $1900 for the head and cab back in 1998. I'll wait this time and pick up a JVM used / cheap if I decide to add one to the arsnal(sp?).
          *** Yeah, i hear ya..i thought i got a great deal buying a brand new DSL 2000 50watt head for $1203.00 out the door.. i would be lucky to get
          $550.00 right now.

Comment

Thread resurrection...

I traded my Bogner Alchemist for a JVM210H last night. HOLY HELL I LOVE THIS AMP! I've tried LOTS of Marshalls, and while I love the Marshall sound, I could never stomach how I sounded playing through one...weird, but true. Anyway, the Bogner was a really cool amp, but since I never use the clean channel, kinda limited in use for me. The JVM has some very good sounds on tap on the Clean/Crunch side of the equation, and just picks up from there on the OD side. So far, my favorite is the Orange Channel on the OD side. I REALLY like the Orange and Red on the Crunch side when pushed by my Boss OD. Another thing I appreciate is that it sounds good at relatively low volumes, which has been a problem for me with Marshall for years - yes, I know they need to be opened up to sound their best, but this one does sound really good at less-than-ear-bleed volumes. This is the Marshall I've always wanted. Now...I might have to sell my Randall RM100 since I had mostly Marshall-esque mods that I was using with that. Most of that ground is covered now with the JVM. I'll have to see if I can get my Single Rec back. The guy I sold it to ended up not liking it, so I might grab it again.

I'm glad I got the 100-watter, as I have found that they just add a little girth that 50-watters just seems to lack. Sucks when it's tube changing time, but hey...it's all worth it, right?

Comment

Cool. I gotta agree that it is a gotta have amp if you are a die hard Marshall tone player. i will wait a few years and get one cheap too but I have heard a few live since playing at Pete's back in Feb. and every time I hear one I am gassed.
              Last edited by Firebird V; 11-22-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I tried one at a local store but didn't play it loud. Since there is no master volume I couldn't get a good gain tone out of it at low volume. Guess I gotta try it again loud.
                Strat God Music
                http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I've ordered two JVM 210 100 watt heads with matching 4x12s for a local communal "youth rehearsal space" kinda deal. I was very impressed with all the tones I could get from it!
                  Like you said, it's everything a good Marshall does well, plus pretty good cleans and kick-ass high gain + lead tones!!
                  What an absolute improvement over the vintage modern, which I thought sucked

- Rune

Comment

I had my 205h for over a month now I dig it! replace the preamp tubes with nos to warm it up a bit. I watch this one guys vid and he said he runs the treble at 10 o clock , I have mine at 1 oclock which I think its kinda bright and his bass at 3 o clock and mids at 12 or so and presence the same. I think it sounds better this way atleast at lower volumes I have not tested it loud yet. Here some of my vids i did not great but I like the tone!
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

marshall, JVM, 205h/epiphone, les, paul, Queen (band), Marshall Amplification, Rock Music, Cover, Gibson, Cover Band, Les Paul, Gibson Guitar Corporation, Electric

i wasn't going to do a million takes to get it perfect ok enjoy and show some love with some stars! lol JVM rocks baby! treble is not turned back on these vids!
                    Last edited by ken361; 11-25-2009, 01:03 PM.
                    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                    1959Epiphone les paul
                    george L cables
                    mxr pedals
                    Engl fireball 100

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                      I tried one at a local store but didn't play it loud. Since there is no master volume I couldn't get a good gain tone out of it at low volume. Guess I gotta try it again loud.
                      Jeff - are you sure it was a JVM that you played? Every JVM that I played, as well as the one that I own, have 2 master volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                        I don't think you're talking about the JVM either. Tons of gain at low levels.

I was at my local Best Buy today, and they had a JVM410 in the loud room, so I took it for a quick spin. Still an amazing sounding amp, but I'm glad I've got the 210. I would dick around with the 410 wayyyyyyyy too much, and at the end of the day, still settle on the same tones.

I was A/B-ing with my Randall RM100 the last couple times I was playing, and the Marshall is definitely the keeper of the two. Hands down. Of course that's mainly because I have an twisted affair with Marshall tones. I just can't ge away from them, and of all the Marshalls I've ever played, this is THE ONE I really enjoy my playing and tone through. The rest just sounded awful to me. This is also the first 100 watter I've had...hmmm...

Comment

My 215C is my go-to amp for every small gig, it's loud, portable and it sounds great, the orange channel is just fantastic for MY tone!

Comment

Working...
                          X