X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they record this?

In the Morbid Angel's Invocation of the continual one song
    ...skip to 2:34
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How do they record that sound? Is it the raw preamp sound? I've heard such tones in many songs and I know it sounds great just for a few seconds. You cannot obviously play an entire song with that tone. But it sounds so freakin good!
    Sam

Just sounds like EQ work to me. Turn everything down but the bass.
    Scott

Comment

sounds like flanger likely from some effects unit.

Comment

It seems like a dry signal than a processed one. It also comes in this song by In flames, Take this life. It shows up right after the chopper sound.

Sam

Comment

"Very carefully"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

flanger
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool, multiple votes for a flanger, huh? I've never owned a flanger and our bassist keeps insisting I should try one out. He has an MXR flanger and loves it.
              Sam

Comment

Working...
              X