No announcement yet.

peavey vypyr amps any good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The peavey Vypyr tube definetely warrants the higher cost. It is god sent. It also kicks the shit out of the Line 6 SPider Valve, the feel, the tone and overall item are amazing. So much versatility because it's modeling as well.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post

Pros:
      - Very realistic response; the preamp will break up sooner if you attack the strings a bit harder
      Thats because it uses analog distortion from the peavey trans-tube. It's not just mumbo jumbo, it actually is pretty close to actual tubes. Thats similar to the tube vypyr, it's main tube section are the power section, 6L6's I believe, and it also has a 12AX7 but thats not the main sound, it aids with the breakup, if you will, but the main distortion comes form the transtube circuit.

Owen's back with the last of the four epic demos that make up the Peavey Vypyr series. Here we have the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. Blending the functional conveni...
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

BUMP

I'm thinking about getting a Vyper 30 watt (or better--60 watt or 75 watt). What do folks here think about these amps a now? I can probably get one used and save $75, but if there are reliability issues it might be best to have one under warranty. I played one at GC and liked the tone and simplicity. It would be great to be rid of all my rack effects and the noise issues that come with them.

Comment

I'l chime back in since this is back..thats over a year I've been using mine..still no complaints..also I now have the Sampara 1 footpedal which adds a looper funtions and a volume/wah pedal...great amp!

Comment

I still like mine. Strange problem though.

If the room is colder (like 65 or lower) I have to let the amp "warm up" in christmas-light mode or it will freeze. Warmer temps are no problem.
            Scott

Comment

That sounds like a cold solder joint or bad component or something like that.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My wife bought me the little 15 watt version and i love it. She thought (mistake) that i would play at lower volumes.

She does not like my Mesa Boogie

I have never had a problem with this amp, its sounds great WAY better than the line 6 stuff IMHO. I tried the 120 watt tube version an it was excellent. My 15 watt is an awesome practise amp and for the price of a pedal its even better.
                2011 USA Jackson Soloist
                2007 USA Jackson Soloist
                2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
                2009 Edwards ECY 165
                2009 Schecter Hellraiser
                2006 USA BC Rich Wave
                2012 Gibson LP Trad
                1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  That sounds like a cold solder joint or bad component or something like that.
                  Apparently it's pretty common with the 15W model. It's not a huge deal; I just treat it like my tube amps. For $89 I can't really complain.
                  Scott

Comment

I just got the Vypyr 15 and I'm gonna send it back. I didn't like any of the tones in it even when I hooked it up to a bigger speaker. The tones are too buzz saw and fizzy sounding to me. Plus it's obviously digital sounding. Some digital amps mask the fact that they're digital pretty well but not this one IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                      I'l chime back in since this is back..thats over a year I've been using mine..still no complaints..also I now have the Sampara 1 footpedal which adds a looper funtions and a volume/wah pedal...great amp!
                      From now until June 30 (I think - check it out) Peavey has a program where they give you a free Sanpera I pedal if you buy the Vypyr 75 or vypyr 100. That's a $99.95 pedal free! You have to send off to Peavey for it though, you don't get it from the dealer who sells you the amp. Still, free is free!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                        BUMP

I'm thinking about getting a Vyper 30 watt (or better--60 watt or 75 watt). What do folks here think about these amps a now? I can probably get one used and save $75, but if there are reliability issues it might be best to have one under warranty. I played one at GC and liked the tone and simplicity. It would be great to be rid of all my rack effects and the noise issues that come with them.
                        I just posted this, but if you buy the 75 or 100 watt Vypyr before June 30, you can get the $99.95 Sanpera I footpedal for free from Peavey. You need it to access the looper function and scroll up and down the banks properly. The other models don';t come with this offer. Go to zzounds and when yopu click n these amps you will see "Special Offer" under the pic of the amp. Click that and you get a pdf form to fill out and send in to Peavey with a copy of your sales receipt and the barcode from the box the amp came in. If you bought it off the floor of your store and didn't get the box, there's a little affadavit you fill out saying you bought it. You still have to send a copy of your sales receipt.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          I just posted this, but if you buy the 75 or 100 watt Vypyr before June 30, you can get the $99.95 Sanpera I footpedal for free from Peavey. You need it to access the looper function and scroll up and down the banks properly. The other models don';t come with this offer. Go to zzounds and when yopu click n these amps you will see "Special Offer" under the pic of the amp. Click that and you get a pdf form to fill out and send in to Peavey with a copy of your sales receipt and the barcode from the box the amp came in. If you bought it off the floor of your store and didn't get the box, there's a little affadavit you fill out saying you bought it. You still have to send a copy of your sales receipt.
                          Thanks lerxstcat! I just downloaded the pdf. Looks like a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                            I just got the Vypyr 15 and I'm gonna send it back. I didn't like any of the tones in it even when I hooked it up to a bigger speaker. The tones are too buzz saw and fizzy sounding to me. Plus it's obviously digital sounding. Some digital amps mask the fact that they're digital pretty well but not this one IMO.
                            Wow, that's like the complete opposite of my opinion. Would you still say it beats Line 6?
                            Scott

Comment

I didn't care for the Line 6 Spider 15 either. My favorite of all the little amps is still the Marshall MG 30DFX. The others are just too scooped sounding for me and the distortion is kinda fizzy. That's just my opinion though.

Comment

I just picked up a 75 watt Vyper at GC for $250 + tax. They had the rebate form for the Sanpera I pedal. The salesmen at GC didn't know anything about these amps and the submenus for the different effects—they were no help at all. I think it’s a great deal for a practice amp, but I'm tempted to get the 60 watt tube version to demo at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X