Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So frustrated trying to deal with amps and guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
    Jeri, the Blue Voodoo was a very reliable, trouble free amp for me. I guess I just tired of it.
    Aww, I was just givin ya some shit bro..good luck in your search!

Comment

Originally posted by meegs View Post
      Getting that perfect tone can be pretty tricky because there are so many variables. Besides concentrating on the head make sure you have speakers that will get you what you want. I had a cab with 75w Celestions and I bought an old Marshall cab with 25w Celestions. That made a huge difference right there. Then I picked up a Mesa Boogie single rectifier head and I've been tickled pick with that setup. I can play any type of music and it sounds awesome. The other thing that made a big difference for me at least for metal tone is changing out the stock Jackson humbucker in my Soloist to and EMG81. It all makes a difference. I also have a Laney AOR head and it's good depending on what type of music you play. For a lot of sizzle you're going to have to use effects. The Laney has that British tone since it has EL34's. I would stop chasing your tail with taking stuff in for tweaking. Get the good shit and be done.
      ********************* Plus there are so many variables..in the
      room itself. Just positioning your body in different places around your
      amp, changes your tone! It's madening..

Comment

Zeeg's, buy an SLO kit and I'll build it for you.
        Sounds like a good time for all!

Comment

IMO, I'd use a very clean amp and a few Boss Metal Zones..depending how much distortion you need. If it's not brutal enough, just add another Metal Zone. Once I got the best heavy metal tone ever achieved by man by slamming a bass amp with 6 Boss Metal Zones. The rythm tone was a tad "fizzy" but cleaned up nicely when I rolled my guitar's volume back.

The best part is you can run them in the front or the loop or both..the possibilities are endless. I don't know why this isn't suggested more often.:think:
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X