First Guitar Rig Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Guitar Rig Build

Hey All, I'm building my first guitar rig. First, what I have so far. Monster Pro 2500 (power conditioner), Korg DTS-2000 (tuner), ADA MP-1 3TM (pre amp), 31 band EQ. http://s554.photobucket.com/albums/j...albumview=grid
    I'm working on a power amp. My question is the best way to make the connection of each rack unit? Also, I have a Fender Ultra chorus (solid state) sitting around. Could i use that amp to try out what I have in this rig so far? If so, the best connection for doing that. I haven't heard the ADA pre amp yet, was told its in fine working order. Just want to see if all is okay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
    94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
    00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
    O3'/04' Jackson KE3

To check the ADA MP1 without a power amp you could simply use headphones. Of course the tone will be quite different than through a power amp and cab but at least you can see if everything works on it except for speaker output jacks of course
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks!!! As for hooking up the components I have, Do you have any info?
      90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
      94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
      00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
      O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

Typically, you will run your effects in-line between your ADA and your power amp. For example, my live rig has the following signal path:

Guitar > Wah (on floor) > ADA MP-1 > Rocktron Intellifex > Rocktron Replifex > BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer > Rocktron Hush IICX > Mesa 2:90 Power amp > Stereo 4x12 w/75watt Celestions

You simply run the stereo "outs" of the ADA into the stereo "ins" of your effects and so on until you reach your power amp. Either two cabs or a stereo cab then complete the rig.

If you have an effect that is a "tone suck" or is a mono rack effect, you can run it in the loop of the ADA and have a dedicated patch for it. The ADA lets you program whether the loop is engaged, so the effect will be out of your signal path when not being used.

As for using your current amp with the ADA, run the mono out of the ADA in the effects return of your amp, thereby making it a power amp only. If it doesn't have a loop, set it up clean with a neutral tone and run the ADA into the front end.

I recommend a tube power amp (Mesa/VHT/Marshall/etc) and a BBE unit. I like the new ones as well as the old 422A...I have and use both but I'm currently using the 482i. You need to set them differently but they're both great in their own ways.
        Last edited by Rupe; 03-01-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          Typically, you will run your effects in-line between your ADA and your power amp. For example, my live rig has the following signal path:

Guitar > Wah (on floor) > ADA MP-1 > Rocktron Intellifex > Rocktron Replifex > BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer > Rocktron Hush IICX > Mesa 2:90 Power amp > Stereo 4x12 w/75watt Celestions

You simply run the stereo "outs" of the ADA into the stereo "ins" of your effects and so on until you reach your power amp. Either two cabs or a stereo cab then complete the rig.

If you have an effect that is a "tone suck" or is a mono rack effect, you can run it in the loop of the ADA and have a dedicated patch for it. The ADA lets you program whether the loop is engaged, so the effect will be out of your signal path when not being used.

I recommend a tube power amp (Mesa/VHT/Marshall/etc) and a BBE unit. I like the new ones as well as the old 422A...I have and use both but I'm currently using the 482i. You need to set them differently but they're both great in their own ways.
          Spot on. + a million

Comment

Working...
          X