Splawn anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn anyone?

I'm going to check one out. Very good chance it will be coming home with me!

splawns rule. scott splawn is cool as hell and his amps sound amazing.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
      I'm going to check one out. Very good chance it will be coming home with me!
      I got my Splawn Competition a week before Xmas, and I haven't
      used another amp since. You will love it. And if you don't, you
      can sell it here in about 24 hours!

Good find...

Comment

I have 2. A nitro and a Pro mod. Pro Mod is for sale in the Classifieds if you are interested...

Comment

SHIT. I'm in NJ too and have been looking for a cash and carry deal. IF it don't work out with this one I'll hit you up.

Comment

never tried a Splawn but I only hear good things about them... I don't even know which one would suit me the best... Quickrod or whatever the heck it's called?
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

There are a ton of sound clips on their website.

Comment

I just got a Pro Stock. I used it at a gig last week. It suited me fine as is. Didn't have to add any boost pedal or anything. It had just enough gain for what we play. Old Maiden, Priest, Thin Lizzy, Kiss etc.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
                  SHIT. I'm in NJ too and have been looking for a cash and carry deal. IF it don't work out with this one I'll hit you up.
                  You are more than welcome to come by and hear it/ check it out.

LMK.

Comment

That Nitro clip on their site from Erock is pretty decent. Gain at 3 with a Super OD. Hmmm..

Not far removed from my own sound. Mine is smoother, and that is more raw. Which I like actually. And prolly weighs a LOT less than my stuff, haha...

Hmmm... Nitro... Tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                      You are more than welcome to come by and hear it/ check it out.

LMK.
                      I snagged it. It's the Quick Rod. Thanks anyway.
                      Last edited by broken_fusion; 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Cool! Love that look.

Comment

V30's too for that nitro clip. Everyone on the splawn boards talk about the sb25 by eminence but i like that v30 tone erock is getting ,

Comment

I like all the Spalwn clips I ever heard. I think they would be a "no brainer" kinda amp for me. Especially a 100 watter with KT88s or 6L6s...For a nice chunky VH tone.

I like preamp distortion. I want an amp that sounds similiar cranked to what I dial in at modertae levels. Fuck all that poweramp compression, coloring and "honking" bullshit...not my bag. I don't wanna sound like Eric Johnson.

These Soultone amps also have my interest..they look amazing and made to fuck.
                            Last edited by horns666; 03-05-2009, 10:59 PM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              I like all the Spalwn clips I ever heard. I think they would be a "no brainer" kinda amp for me. Especially a 100 watter with KT88s or 6L6s...For a nice chunky VH tone.

I like preamp distortion. I want an amp that sounds similiar cranked to what I dial in at modertae levels. Fuck all that poweramp compression, coloring and "honking" bullshit...not my bag. I don't wanna sound like Eric Johnson.

These Soultone amps also have my interest..they look amazing and made to fuck.
                              ** I spent about 90 minutes over at Mickey's house...and he was showing me
                              his latest...with the Variable soak function.. Sounded like John Sikes
                              was right next to you! Very versatile...and edgy... Like the tone
                              was just about to go nuts...but stayed on the porch! Great tone!
                              Plus the best components possible at every turn..
                              Had a perfect Lizzy tone! No not Borden... Thin!

Comment

Working...
                              X