Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADA Digitizer 4 rackmount delay... opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA Digitizer 4 rackmount delay... opinions?

I got one of these units and played around with it a little. It seams like it is not a true bypass as you can slightly here it in the background if its in the loop when not using the effect.

Anyone else have opinions on these units. I am trying to figure out if I should keep messing with it or just sell it.

Man that is a very old unit. My guitarist bud in the 80's used it. He loved it at the time without complaint. He was a major gearhead and great player. He used it in the loop of his Jose modded white '82 Marshall. He HATED the Jose mod and chaged it back..but still used the ADA years later. Even when "better" units came out at that time.

Sorry, but it wasn't my gear..but I was a witness that he had no problems with that unit. He sounded good.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i have an ADA S1000 delay/modulation unit that is the same way, but i LOVE it. these days i use it on vocals in the studio. it takes away some of the "processed" sound of using high-end preamps and digital recorders. i say keep playing with it!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The best way to use a unit like that is in a rig with a switchable or programmable effects loop...that way it's out of the signal path when not in use. This can be either self contained in an amp or preamp, or as part of an external switching system...same results.

Comment

Working...
        X