Boss EQ20 any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss EQ20 any good?

I already searched and got nothing. I read the HC reviews, but they always seem biased.

I want an EQ pedal for my DSL100 effects loop of other uses. From what I read this is programmable.

Any good? I assume that since it's a Boss it's good.

Better or worse than the MXR 10 band EQ which was my choice until I saw this? Currently looking at one used for $99 before haggling

Wish I could comment on that unit.

Maybe I'm anal... Byt, I've always found those "tried and true" EQ's add so much noise to my stuff and color my sound so much that it drives me mad.

Even my Alesis, my old Furman and my TC electronic EQ's, all rack mount units, ad noise. TC is the least offensive.

Breaking into the 100 dollar range, maybe jump higher and try a Rane maybe, haha...

Comment

I have one and like it. It basically gives you three options; off, on with digital preset, on with manual preset. Then the digital preset gives you five settings you can switch between but its a button so you can't just stomp on it and change the digital preset.

I loved it in the loop of my XXX. It was pretty clean overall but did add a little noise. Not much.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I think I'll pick it up. MXR 10's go for about the same price, but I like the idea of having a few presets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          Maybe I'm anal... Byt, I've always found those "tried and true" EQ's add so much noise to my stuff and color my sound so much that it drives me mad.
          They drive me mad, too, but for a different reason; they give me "analysis paralysis." I used a GE-7 for years across a Marshall (in conjunction with a distortion pedal) and I was constantly tweaking the bands. Too trebly, now too bassy, now the mid sounds nasty, now I've lost some definition, etc... I also hated the hiss but I could have lived with that if I could get over the constant tweaking thing.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

No, I do THAT too, hahaha... I had a parametric years ago and was goin nuts, Took me years to recover from that episode and try it again. Now, I use it and am fine. But, I'm still a tweaker. I just have it under umm... control.... At least to where I don't obsess... Umm... much...

Comment

Ok, guys, I'm lazy. I just dime all the tone controls and rock out

The only exception is killing mids for a Thrash Metal tone, ala Metallica's better days.

Comment

wating on a return pm don

Comment

Working...
                X