Ok roctron Gurus.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok roctron Gurus.....

I have an RX2H that needs pots. I can't seem to find any info on the pots as to make model how many k's etc. There direct solder to the board type and I can't find anything even close. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks Karl
    Last edited by Slik_Karl; 03-16-2009, 02:50 PM.
    2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
    2007 DK2m White Bengal
    88 Jackson limited edition
    Charvel Preditor
    PS-3T Rhoads Performer
    Jackson DX10D
    3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
    4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
    Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
    Roland GP-8 Rack processor

May have to remove and check ohms if one still functions. Won't tell you the taper tho...

Mouser, digikey are good tries. I found pots for my Voodu at one, I forget which.

Comment

Simple. Send your request to [email protected] and they will tell you which pots. You can even buy it from them. I got a program selector pot the other day from them, $20 shipping and plastic knob included for my Intellifex. And it took 15 minutes or so to unsolder the old one and replace it with the new. In the past I also received good support from them, including troubleshooting of a failed ADC on my Prophecy.

Comment

That was my first step. I was told the unit is to old and they no longer support it. I just wanted info and I was shot down.
        I think what I may do is get ahold of Digi-key or Mauser and see if I can send the pots in to them and have them match them up.

Originally posted by akoch View Post
        Simple. Send your request to [email protected] and they will tell you which pots. You can even buy it from them. I got a program selector pot the other day from them, $20 shipping and plastic knob included for my Intellifex. And it took 15 minutes or so to unsolder the old one and replace it with the new. In the past I also received good support from them, including troubleshooting of a failed ADC on my Prophecy.
        2007 DK2m White Bengal
        Charvel Preditor
        PS-3T Rhoads Performer
        Jackson DX10D

Comment

Originally posted by Slik_Karl View Post
          That was my first step. I was told the unit is to old and they no longer support it. I just wanted info and I was shot down.
          I think what I may do is get ahold of Digi-key or Mauser and see if I can send the pots in to them and have them match them up.

That was my response from them when I called about my Voodu valve!!! And they still make it! They used to repair stuff there, now it's all authorized repair center's and there aren't many. The one's I talked to were dicks.

Good luck with it bro. Let us know where you find it, I'm looking for another VV somewhat passively and it's nice to know who might have pots for them.

Comment

have you tried contacting your local service centre? The company might be acting like dicks but the local tech might hook you up, at least with some info
            Hail yesterday

Comment

With my VV, I talked to some people locally and it was more complex then obvious problems. They needed to get deep and they had no schematics and rocktron was uncooperative since they weren't "authorized centers". Was funny cuz they didn;t have that many, some that were listed sounded pretty funny. Some where sounding "Clem's TV and Stuff" in Podunk Iowa...

They dude I emailed with was generally cool. Just that since they moved manufacturing to ROK from the US, they are now just an office here, ditched all the techs and they were like "sorry, can't help ya's". Pretty F-d up really.

Comment

Ouch. Well, I asked them about things only twice, and both times I got help 100%. Based on what I'm reading here I was really lucky. Once it was for the Prophecy issue, the second time just recently about Intellifex on-line, which is a legacy product. They had the part, and shipped promptly. The email response was quick and accurate. I dont know...

Comment

Oh, they got back to me fast and were quite nice. Guess some things are messed up there for getting thing repaired by them.

Comment

I'm still working on my issue. I have emails and pictures off to Mouser. They seem to want to help. I have to find the values of the pots. What is the procedure for finding out how many "K" they are? The saga continues!
                    Last edited by Slik_Karl; 03-20-2009, 08:25 AM.
                    2007 DK2m White Bengal
                    Charvel Preditor
                    PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                    Jackson DX10D

Comment

Working...