Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dyslexic Line 6 Cabinet Experts - Untie!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyslexic Line 6 Cabinet Experts - Untie!!!!

...or something like that. The Line 6 user forum seems to be down at the moment and they haven't yet approved my membership at InstituteOfNoise.com, so I can't seem to get an answer to this question.

Can anyone here tell me exactly what Line 6 4x12 I have? I bought it off E-Bay about a year ago. It's rated for 320 watts mono at 8 ohms, or 4 or 16 in stereo. None of the current Line 6 cabs on their website have the white border lining or whatever you call it around the parameter, plus the current Vetta 4x12's are rated for 240 watts mono. So, I'm quite confused.

Here's a pic:

There's one for sale near me, but the guy doesn't want to sell it separately from the head, which I don't need. I want another one to replace the 140 watt KMD cab with my rig.

Any help is appreciated.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Do you have a picture of the back? The logo is definitely newer, so the cab must be newer. Do you have a picture of the back? It could be a Spider or maybe newer Flextone cabinet.

Comment

I checked your specs against my cab - it's probably a Flextone Cabinet. My cabinet is older with the tan basketweave cloth, older Line6 logo and white pinstripe, but it also has 80 watt Celestions. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, it's the newer logo and it has the 80-watt speakers. I don't know what brand because I've never opened the back. I just know I love it! To my ears, it has a same or similar transparency as a Marshall 1960. I just want to add another one like it to up the sweetness factor. I actually want another slant, since I never stack them. I spread them far and wide!

Comment

its most likely a speaker design based off the Celestion Classic Lead 80.

avatarspeakers.com recommends them for modeling amps.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
            its most likely a speaker design based off the Celestion Classic Lead 80.

avatarspeakers.com recommends them for modeling amps.
            Except they're supposed to be a little more flat in frequency response to maximize the speaker sims and AIR.

Comment

This was originally sold as a "Vetta-compatible" cabinet, and it does indeed sound great with my Vetta. My biggest thing is to figure out exactly what model or name it is so I can find another one.

Comment

it looks like a flextone 3 cab
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Isn't the model number on the rear plate with the input jack?

Looks like a Spider Valve cab.

If so, it's got Celestions in it.
                  Last edited by rjohnstone; 03-18-2009, 04:25 PM.
                  -Rick

Comment

I'm with Rick on this one. Spider Valve.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Spider valve has vintage 30's, which would be 240 watts mono.

Comment

Like I said... it "looks" like a Spider Valve cab.

The model number should be on the jack plate on the back.
                        -Rick

Comment

Thanks, guys. There is a sticker on the back and it says:

(21) C BS OE554 400680 8

Does this Greek mean anything to any of you?

Comment

Can you post a pic of the back of the cab? mainly the input panel?
                            The only 320 watt cab Line 6 made was the Spider III cab, but it didn't have the white piping.
                            The numbers you posted are just the serial.
                            -Rick

Comment

That number is the serial number not the model number. Looks like a diffirant grill cloth. Looks more sparkly than the spider valve cab. So its probably a Vetta cab.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X