Just picked up a Big Muff Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a Big Muff Pi

This thing really is a one trick pony ..... but it really does that one that one trick really well...Lotsa fun!!!

It is a damn GREAT pedal for that Zep/Sabbath type of dirty "loose" distortion. Super thick and saturated, and the with the sustain knob , your notes/chords carry on and on and on.

Awesome pedal if that thick heavy late 60's early 70's distortion is what you're after because it captures that tone incredibly well.

This one is gonna stay on my board for a long time......I love that late 60's early 70's sound. And that loose fuzz tone covers a LOT of my flubs!!! LOL.

I'm gonna get the Metal Muff as well....plug it in after the Big Muff Pi, ......for that nice tight "modern" distortion that's so popular for the 90's/present type distortion. I already have a cheap Behringer distortion pedal that snags the 80'd tones pretty well.

It'll be cool to have all three lined up at my disposal without having to change settings to get the desired tone for any given time period song.
    Last edited by bombtek; 03-21-2009, 07:45 PM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Anyone else have one of these? Any opinions on them? I personally do ot consider it a distortion pedal although that is what it was sold as. It is much more of a fuzz pedal tomy ears which is just fine with me because it really grabs those cool tones.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

i think billy corgan used a big muff on siamese dream

Comment

Working...
      X