Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got what is probably another stupid effects question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got what is probably another stupid effects question.

On my amp, a Crate V-18 2x12, on the back there is a line out jack. However there is no input jack like an effects loop. I was wondering if I used a Y cable from the output jack and connected it to either side of my effects chain would that essentially create an effects loop....or am I smoking crack because that line out jack is only intended to attach an extra speaker cabinet?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

It would only work if it is a Line out but you wouldn't be able to input it back to the amp before the power amp so you'd need to run another power amp.

Do NOT use speaker outputs to drive effects unless the effect is a Leslie Cabinet.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The line out is not for another speaker cabinet. Signal is too weak. It's mainly for recording purposes or if you didn't want to mic the cab in a live scenario.
      You cannot "feed" a signal back into it
      -Rick

Comment

Your Line Out is just that; a line out. It's for either going straight to a PA or for recording, especially if it's an unbalanced line.

According to Best Buy, an effects loop is for hooking up a CD player to play along with your favorite tunes.

By the way, I'm the king of Spain.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Alright, thanks guys I appreciate the knowledge!!

Boy do I feel dumb LOL.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

You can also run a cable of the line out into the input of another amp and use two amps at a time.
            Or what I usually do, just run a cable from it into my Boss pedal tuner.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X