Two heads connected to one cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two heads connected to one cab

Hi, I think 've got a quite unique situation... and I cannot wrap my head around it.

My band now moved into a rehearsal room with another band who are good friends of us.
    We want to share our ENGL cabs with each other, so that each band can use fullstacks for the guitars.

So we have four heads but only two fullstacks and the question is: Can we connect the cables in a way that we don't have to always switch cables before practice?

Obviously the ENGL cabs have two input jacks and a stereo/mono switch.
    Could we connect two heads to one cab and leave the switch to mono, so that all 4 speakers work for the head which is switched on?
    Only one head would be switched on at a time always... but would the other head take damage while still being connected to the other jack?

I hope I made the question clear, haha.

Of course it wouldn't be THAT much of a hassle to just connect the amp that is used before each practice session, but if there's another way...

Thanks in advance!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

You can but the switch on the cab has to stay in the Stereo position,1 head per two speakers in the cab. If you try mono your gonna see flames!!
    Last edited by Slik_Karl; 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM.
    2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
    2007 DK2m White Bengal
    88 Jackson limited edition
    Charvel Preditor
    PS-3T Rhoads Performer
    Jackson DX10D
    3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
    4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
    Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
    Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

just change the cables. that is your safest bet.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the answers!
        That's what I was worried about, because I know you can put two cabs in a chain when it's switched to mono... so it's pretty logical that there would be current flowing to the unused head when cabled that way.

So, cable switching it is!
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

You can do it as long as the cabs are set to stereo, but then you lose your full stack and just get two 2x12s instead.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X