Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Model Packs

Are these any good? $70 for three?

I've been on a POD 2.3 for years, and just got a PODxt. I'm still A/Bing them but I'm pretty sure I like the xt better.

I'm still very much a POD newbie, and usually just use the presets. At least that's what I did with the POD 2.3.

Don - do you have the XT or XT Live? $70 for the 3 packs (Metal, Classic and FX) is a pretty good deal. They used to be $50 per pack or $100 for 3, so it's still a good deal.

I have an XT Live and they had a deal for Metal, Classic and Bass, which is usually a $200 value for $79. XTL comes with FX.

I find myself usually using the Power pack, which is a free upgrade. I'd say go for it, if you need the extra amps.

Comment

Thanks for the info Pete.

I have the PODxt.

I think the Powerpack is the default model pack that comes with the POD.

They are kind of pressuring you to buy by 3/31/09.

Why can't I find these for sale used?
      Last edited by DonP; 03-30-2009, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Well, that didn't go so well.

I sign on to Line6 and order the 3 pack. I get charged $99.98. I figure somewhere along the way I'll enter the coupon code.

Nope, never prompted.

I don't get ahold of Line6 until the next day. The return the original order and say try clicking the link from the email offer. I click the link (it's now 4/1/09) and it doesn't work because the offer is expired.

So my model packs go back and Line6 gets NOTHING because they tell me I'm SOL for getting the discount.

Oh well, I guess they don't need my money anyway.

Comment

Don,

I just went to the Line6 site and did the download software - it still shows the double and triple pack discounts. I clicked buy and the price in my cart was the discount price. I do have an account, so I don't know if that is an issue.

Try it again - Pete

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Well, that didn't go so well.

I sign on to Line6 and order the 3 pack. I get charged $99.98. I figure somewhere along the way I'll enter the coupon code.

Nope, never prompted.

I don't get ahold of Line6 until the next day. The return the original order and say try clicking the link from the email offer. I click the link (it's now 4/1/09) and it doesn't work because the offer is expired.

So my model packs go back and Line6 gets NOTHING because they tell me I'm SOL for getting the discount.

Oh well, I guess they don't need my money anyway.

Comment

Thanks for helping, maybe Line6 should hire you for customer service

I tried again but I don't get the discount. I do have an account with Line6. What price are you getting? I'm trying to get this (from my email):

Offer Codes expiring 3/31/09

Use these special offer codes at the line6.com online store to get all the add-on functionality you've ever wanted for your compatible Line 6 product.
            Get yours now! Special offer prices good only thru 3/31/09.

Triple Pack Offer $69.95
            Enter code 3PACK for savings on a special bundle of Metal Shop, Collector Classics, and FX Junkie model packs.

These model packs are the perfect upgrade to compliment the new POD Farm Plug-in, which comes with POD Studio.
            If I click the Triple Pack Offer, it asks for a code. I enter 3PACK, then I get an Error (13321), which I assume means the coupon code expired.

When I try going to the download store, the price of the triple pack is $99.98, which I assume is just the regular street price.

Comment

Thats a bummer its not working for you. The metal pack was killer for me, mostly for the SLO. Make sure you get the latest firmware so you get the High Gain Pre-Amp mod - its the Soldano 88 preamp mod - sounds great.

FYI the X3 comes with all the packs.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Thats a bummer its not working for you. The metal pack was killer for me, mostly for the SLO. Make sure you get the latest firmware so you get the High Gain Pre-Amp mod - its the Soldano 88 preamp mod - sounds great.

FYI the X3 comes with all the packs.
                Yep, firmware is up to date.

I doubt I could get an X3 for $99

Comment

Late bump.

Just got ALL model packs last night for $99. Hoping I can get a lot of use out of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X