Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on a Peavey 412ms Stereo Cab with Sheffield Speaks

So,
    I got asked to come try out for a band, actually my old guitarist from my old band - Blood Ritual bout 14 years back.
    So now i need to pick up a cab, i found one of these on Craigslist for 150 bucks. All the reading I've done on them is a bit contrary, especially about the mids, the one thing that remains constant is everyone says the bass response is great and tight, which is good because they are using 7 strings tuned to A ( not really hip to that but anyway..) and the highs.
    It's a 300 watt stereo cab with sheffields in it, for 150 bucks unless it's a total piece of crap, i'm thinking it's worth it just to have something to play thru.
    Anyway, i want a tight bass for being tuned so low, but also a lot of cut, right now my rig sounds near perfect when running thru flat response headphones on my six strings, and really sounds pretty good tuned down and it retains the cut, so i'd like to have somewhat flat response cab so theres one less thing to have to accomodate for in EQ.
    So any opinions on them??
    Or opinions on any cab that i could pick up on the cheap that fits my description?
    THANKS

BTW:
    I'd be using an mp-1 mod4, microtube 200, so there shouldn't be much coloration from the poweramp, and an mq-1 EQ, with some parametric from my lexicon, overall just slightly modifying the tone from the mp-1 itself.
    i just want to retain the sound io have now, but make it louder

The Sheffields are great for low end punch and midrange. They will color your sound though.
    Personally.. I think Sheffield equiped cabs sound the best with tube amps.

Comment

Thanks,
      I guess this might not be ideal for me, because if i'm running it in mono i'd only be using two of the speakers right?
      For live and practice it wouldn't be pratical to run stereo, (just thought of it as an added bonus).
      It's been a lot of years since i dealt with cabs an ohms and shit.
      kinda having to read up on the stuff again.

Comment

Working...
      X