My new recording setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new recording setup!

OK, like many guitarists I am a bit - no, make it a LOT - technophobic, I like a great guitar through a great tube amp and that's it, but I've also been bitten by the recording bug many years ago, and have decided that it is time for a major upgrade of my home studio.

Finally I've made to leap to computer-based recording, so I got a MacBook Pro 15" (the older, all aluminum version, not the new one which looks and feels cheap to me), an Apogee Duet soundcard + interface and Logic Studio 8.

All I can say is WOW!

Perfect integration right out of the box, (relatively) easy to use, at least the basic functions, incredible flexibility and what matters most, great sound! I am sold!

Any other Logic users here?

I prefer Logic to any other soft out there, great stuff.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Budget Version

Was thinking of doing a budget version with a Mac Mini, Logic Express , and a TC Electronic interface ( should be pretty close soundwise to the Apogeesaccording to the reviews ). But the only time I've recorded with computers there was an engineer and I was either the "producer/writer or the guitar player so I'm NOT looking forward to it, I'm not going to comp takes together or get lost in after the fact edits ,I WILL do multiple takes ,and I will NOT try to master it .In fact I might even just get all the tracks down and mix down in a pro studio .

Comment

macbook pro, logic, and duet are next for me too

Comment

I'm an IT guy and (obviously) a guitarist, but I've never gotten beyond the novice level in terms of recording. I've recorded a few rough demo tracks on my computer for my bandmates to check out, but somehow find myself getting intimidated. It doesn't even seem to matter what software - I've tried Sonar, Cubase, Pro Tools and others - because I feel like my brain's going to explode as soon as it's time to do any punch-ins or overdubs. What makes it even more frustrating is that I have a reasonably good PC, a good (if slightly old) Echo Mia PCI interface and some nice M-Audio monitors, plus mics and all the outboard gear I could ever need.

I guess I just need to man up and try. I've heard that, for Windows users, Reaper is a good inexpensive program that has a lot of interface customization. If I can make it look like Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 from the `90s, I'll be all set.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X