Took the plunge Line6 POD X3 Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the plunge Line6 POD X3 Live

i ordered the X3 live and it should be at my house on the 1rst. I did a search on here but didn't find too much from anyone else who owns the X3 or the X3 live. Just curious if anyone is actively using one of these for gigs and recording?

I have a feeling learning how to use this thing is going to be a whole new world of pain
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I have a Pod XT Live which is apparently I bit more complicated than the X3 live. But it works great and the X3 Live apparently sounds better than the XT Live, if that's true then it's going to be a great tool as the XT live sounds fantastic to me. Line 6's stuff is pretty easy to get your head around so I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

just read the manual. don't go "oh, i'll just figure it out myself".
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
        just read the manual. don't go "oh, i'll just figure it out myself".
        I'm male so you know the first thing I'm going to do is just plug in and see what noise i can make Then I'll read the manual, hehe

Comment

I've got the X3 bean - its way more complicated to set up sounds, presets etc than the XT. I've had it two months. It almost makes setting up the tones on the computer a necessity.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

It comes with a manual???? Seriously though, I've had mine for about 4 months now and love it. I use it to practice running the guitar and either my laptop or ipod in and using headphones, recording straight in using the USB/ASIO interface is a breeze, and live it's like having twenty pedals (more than I can use really) right under my foot. I run it direct out straight into the board (IEM's for monitoring) and it works out great. I was really skeptical when I bought it, but if it disappeared I'd buy another one to replace it.
            Greg

'86 Model 1
            '87 Model 2
            '88 Model 3A
            '88 Model 3DR
            '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

I just got a PODxt a week ago (I'm a little behind the times) and I'm having a lot of fun with Line6 Edit, downloading user uploaded settings.

I had a POD 2.3 for years but never had a USB to MIDI cable, so I basically just stuck to the factory presets. The PODxt openned up a whole new world.

Comment

I have so bitten off more then i can chew wit this. I'll be getting to know the manual reeeallly well

Comment

I have the Line 6 Toneport and love it. If there is a version of Gearbox for the X3 Live get it and use the computer to control/set everything. Gearbox is very user friendly and everything behaves just like old school analog stompboxes.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X