my new bugera 6260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new bugera 6260

Had it since sat. and it still works! sounds even better with the sonic stomp, changed the v1 tube. so im pretty happy after having like 4 amps this year. I probably should have checkout diff. cabs though. next time...http://
    Last edited by ken361; 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM.
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Hell yeah dude! I've been telling everyone that these things are for real. I thought the Bugera cabs were okay in the store, but I play my 333XL thru 2-4x12 Peavey (butcher style) cabs loaded with 4-85watt celestians and the f'n thing screams!!!! Congrats! Hope you enjoy it for years to come.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I bet your sounds bad ass! got a thick sound on that head huh? need pics!! now im feeling bad that I have that cab!! tell you one thing change that v1 tube, thinks it from looking at the back its all the way to the right. I put a used telefunken and made a big change if you want one used let me know 30 bucks. the sonic stomp and the stereo chorus with the little bass boost really adds bottom end big time!!!
      Last edited by ken361; 04-01-2009, 04:40 PM.
      EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
      1959Epiphone les paul
      george L cables
      mxr pedals
      Engl fireball 100

Comment

I had to do a double take on the Bugera..it looks alot like a 5150 at a glance.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The 333XL has a different tube setup than the 6260. You have 5 preamp tubes that are in a straight line across. Mine has 4 with 3 across and 1 forward next to the transformer. I'm QUITE happy with my sound so I'm not gonna mess with the tubes until I have to. Then I'm gonna gonna try the JJ's ax7's and KT77's.

I don't have any good shots of the full stack but here's a couple from last weekend at the Rockfest.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I had to do a double take on the Bugera..it looks alot like a 5150 at a glance.
          Yeah it does Bill.....both inside and out. You know I was a longtime modded 5150 guy. The 6260 sounds like it too except the gain is more usable than the 5150 which flubs after like 6. I think you'd dig the 6262.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

I played a 333xl recently and it was ok. Bit noisier then my JSX, and obv sounds different, but seem ok for the money. It was the combo and the speakers SUCKED, and I bet the stock tubes won't be helping much either. Build quality seemed average, I'd buy two if I was using them live. Which works out similar to a peavey anyways. I'd be keen on the 6260 as another tone for jamming/recording though.

Comment

Speaker cabs make a WORLD of diffrence with these amps.

Comment

Working...
              X