Randall Nuno signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Nuno signature

I haven't seen a thread about this, but does anyone know when NB King 100 will come out? It's one of the coolest amps I've ever seen.

The NB King100 has the perfect mixture of classic feel and modern circuitry to create unforgettable tone. With its two channel amp featuring three different kinds of operation, (which you can easily select with the MIDI channel) has a refreshing clean channel and intense drive, and overdrive from modern to vintage rhythm tones, in addition to the aforementioned intimate SOLO mode for harmonized sustained. The back panel includes many goodies: MIDI in/thru, Power tube bias section and series effect loop.
    What’s more is the matching NB412 (4×12) cabinet, and of course, is designed perfectly to maximize the NB King 100 sounds. Constructed from solid birch plywood and loaded with Celestion Greenbacks, this cabinet provides a perfect level of character and breakup for the 100 watt NB King 100 head. This is a match made in heaven that produces ecstasy for vintage to modern tube tone.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Hey, does that thing have a master volume?
    "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
    Zakk Wylde

Comment

i like the look, wonder if it sounds decent.

Comment

some folks have seen Nuno on tour with the prototypes and they say he sounds better than ever
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

im super stoked about these too, though i've heard speculation that he's had the prototypes out but saw a pic with his JCM 800's on the side of the stage, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
            im super stoked about these too, though i've heard speculation that he's had the prototypes out but saw a pic with his JCM 800's on the side of the stage, IIRC.
            oh yeah... he had Marshalls always ready to go as backups because the prototypes had some problems with fuses or something

Comment

yeah, i guess they've blown on him at least once on tour and he had to use the 800s. i heard he took it like a champ and joked around about it. he's pretty hilarious sometimes.

that amp looks really slick though, i love it and the specs. too bad i own a great N4, lest i look like a huge fanboy!

Comment

He was using them when I saw him play last summer. He did sound killer, though that was the only time I've seen him live. I'm definitely intrigued...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingSkull View Post
                  Hey, does that thing have a master volume?
                  It is that BIG HUGE knob on top.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nuno had these amps when he Extreme played at the Hilton for NAMM 2008. That was the first time I saw them.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I love those amps, they look fantastic. I've also heard that an aussie designed it with him, and if its getting anywhere modded 800 territory, I'd really like to have one!

Comment

Certainly looks cool as hell. I'm interested to hear how it sounds. What the hell does the VU indicate?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                          Certainly looks cool as hell. I'm interested to hear how it sounds. What the hell does the VU indicate?
                          Volume units

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                            I love those amps, they look fantastic. I've also heard that an aussie designed it with him
                            his wife maybe? she is an Aussie

Comment

the vu meter is such a killer idea.

The guy who helped him design it was an Aussie named Peter King and it was a two year long development that Nuno says built him the best ampsin his career, bar none.

hence, the King 100. which works, too, i guess if you think Nuno is the king.

Comment

Working...
                              X