early metallica tone using Uber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early metallica tone using Uber

got these settings off the net somewhere I cant remember. Tried them out and seems to be working real well for me. Any uber owners out there? Dial this up and tell me what you think?

Pres: 8:00
    Treb: 8:00
    Mid: 12:00
    Bass: 2:00
    Gain: 1:00

I'm not a big Metallica fan but anyway, these settings are in conjunction with which cab and speakers? Reason I ask is many might be using their Uber with cabs loaded with Vintage 30 speakers or Uberkabs which have a combo of 75W and V30 speakers. While I'd like to pick up an Uberkab for mine at some point right now I use it with Bogner 4x12 loaded with British Celestion 25W Greenbacks. What cab and speakers are you using with your Uber?
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      I'm not a big Metallica fan but anyway, these settings are in conjunction with which cab and speakers? Reason I ask is many might be using their Uber with cabs loaded with Vintage 30 speakers or Uberkabs which have a combo of 75W and V30 speakers. While I'd like to pick up an Uberkab for mine at some point right now I use it with Bogner 4x12 loaded with British Celestion 25W Greenbacks. What cab and speakers are you using with your Uber?
      oops sorry - I m using an UberKab

Comment

Originally posted by thenine View Post
        oops sorry - I m using an UberKab
        Our tone would differ based on that alone. I really need to pick up an Uberkab in the near future. I sort of got sidetracked this past year cause I had to spend the $ on the Marshall Randy Rhoads Tribute stack It never ends, there is always one more amp to buy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wassup Nine!! Hey man I tried those settings and they just didn't work, especially for Metallica. One good thing is you really can't get the Uber to sound bad if you tried. I use a standard Marshall 1960A (slant) w/75 celestions.

Actually my new settings I always use seems to be MUCH closer to AJFA or even MOP/RTL with some delay effects with the G Major.

Any Uber owner KNOWS how insanely interactive the tone controls are. But the treble tone doesn't seem to come to life until past 1:00, that was my main prob with your settings.

These settings would appear not to sound good at all , but after tweaking this fucker for 6 years it never sounded better. Even Clevo-John was here and absolutely agreed.

Presence:8:00-off
          Treble: 5:30..a slight roll off from full on
          Mid: 8:00-off
          Bass: 8:30..a slight boost from off. This is most important. Even with the bass tone on off it has more bass than most amps full on. You gotta be carefulful with this one. Anything past 9:00 starts to sound bloated, not flubbly at all just really fat and bloated. Which is cool if you're doing Sabbath. But when doing fast, complex, palm-muted stuff you want as much articulation as possible. You just need a little so that you can thicken your pick attack, so you can "feel" it. Not shake the room like a fuggin' bass player.

Also, I insist keeping my gain maxed. I've backed it off between noon to 2:00 and played like that for a few months. But it was always misssing something. Once I dimed it again..it's perfect for me. It's not too much, it's actually just right for metal, and just as tight and articulate. I see guys back off their gain knobs, then slam their shit with a 50 dollar stomp box. I'm sorry but I much prefer Bogner, all usable, all tube organic preamp section than using some solid state fuzz box that loses the character and purpose of having an Uberschall. No stomp box in the world is going to sound better than the Uberchall's tube preamp section! No F'n way!

That's like cutting perfect tits off an 18 year old, then install some fake ones. It just doesn't make sense.
          Last edited by horns666; 04-07-2009, 05:50 AM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, you'd have a kickass pair of tits you could take anywhere with you, if you feel the need to 'bust' them out.

Comment

hey Bill. Hmmmmm, seems to be working for me. Maybe its the cab but I wouldnt think the cab should make THAT much of a diff. I have tried your earlier settings you posted months and months ago and they were too brite for my ears. I backed off the treble and it was quite huge sounding. I wonder if your tube swaps are part of this equation. I am really getting a good seek and destroy tone with the settings I posted. INteresting. I will give your new "alomost off" a go and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                Well, you'd have a kickass pair of tits you could take anywhere with you, if you feel the need to 'bust' them out.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X