Any Digitech RP70 or RP150 users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Digitech RP70 or RP150 users?

I finally got a footswitch for my new (used) Peavey XXL head and have been jamming on it. I'm very happy with the variety of tones, but the noise is pretty ridiculous, so I need to find an uber-affordable solution. I already have a Boss ME-50 and Rocktron Hush, but those are being used in other rigs, and I'd like something really small that I can just set on top of the amp, so I don't want the added footprint of expression pedals. The Digitech RPs have noise gates, and my brother's old Digitech FX7 has done a pretty good of taming the noise in the loop of his Triple XXX, so getting something with a decent gate, plus things like EQ and a tuner, would be perfect. The fact that the RP150 has USB would be an added bonus, so I can record new song ideas on the fly. Equally important is the current price tag of $80 on both.

Anyone using either of these, or another Digitech RP that has a gate? Are they worth bothering with?
    Last edited by Inazone; 04-04-2009, 02:10 PM.
    sigpic

In case anyone shared my interest in these pedals, I did end up buying an RP150. The gate works really well, definitely better than I expected. I haven't tried all of the effects yet, but the delays are nice, which is always the first thing I look for in a multi-effects pedal. I haven't messed with the EQ settings yet. I'm not sold on the distortions from what I've heard so far, but they probably will be sufficient for demoing new ideas via USB.
    sigpic

Comment

I like the older rp pedals The Rp3 has the best delay and flange While the Rp7 has a tube so it has better distorition. some of the newer Rp have really good accoustic channels. just my opinion.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

They're ok, actually sound way better than just "ok" for the money. I briefly toyed around with a couple but just scratched the surface checking out the presets.

Comment

Working...
        X