Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a new Wah but is the one I want GOOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a new Wah but is the one I want GOOD?

Looking into getting a new Kirk Hammett Wah for my board if anyone has one I would love some feedback

Dunlop 535Q is the bomb, but some like the switchless models. I'm used to old shool switch types..so not a prob.

It has a 5 way rotory freq sweep to cover whatever voice you prefer from upper mid pirecing highs to low darker mids. It also has a adjustable volume boost..up to 20db. I was on a search for a nice wah right when the first Bad Horsie came out. It was a close call, but I went with with the dunlop. It has the Jimi Hnedrix sweep voice included, which sound like the old warmer thomas organ version of the 60's 70s. I was with a bud when trying them who actually collect those old versions of the original vintage dunlops ..he's was pretty anal about their tone.

These are cool because you get all the basic authentic wah sounds from Cream, Hendrix, Dime, Page, Zakk, Schenker, Hammet Jeryy Cantrell..you get the idea.

If they make a switchless version of the 535Q these days, I'd like to try one of those!
    Last edited by horns666; 04-06-2009, 12:18 AM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Is the Kirk Hammett signature wah even out yet? I didn't see it on Dunlop's site.

Edit: Found some info about it, seems it was just announced last month.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have the CFH and the ZW models Dunlop.. Love em both.

Not counting the old Cry Baby I have..

Comment

Bad Horsie

Comment

You're gonna get as many different opinions as posts, but just try them out first if you can or listen to soundclips/demos online. I had a ZW Crybaby and hated it. I love my Morley Lynch Dragon. Decide whether you want the old-school Dunlop style or the switchless Morley style...I prefer the latter as I could never tell whether I engaged/disengaged the Crybaby on stage.

Comment

Yea you can get them but you have to search through google. I love his wah sound but im sure some of us can agree he uses it too much sometimes.

Comment

Ugh. Kirk Hammet wah? Who would want that sound?
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Teese wah Real McCoy Custom Clyde McCoy Picture Vox Crybaby Cry Baby Thomas Organ Company wah-wah wha-wha pedal guitar effect Teese Teese Teese Teese Teese Teese Teese Teese wah wah wah wah wah wah

baddest wahs in the universe.

Comment

did hammett even use a wah
                    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Custom Audio Electronics MC-404 (MXR)

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Comment

All I can say is I wish someone had talked me out of buying a weeping demon before i purchased it. avoid it.
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                          All I can say is I wish someone had talked me out of buying a weeping demon before i purchased it. avoid it.
                          I went down the road a while back, I've recovered since then but it was ugly

Comment

Y'know I've come to the realization that I'm a lazy fukker and I don't want to spend energy rocking back n forth on a pedal. Hell I have a hard enough time just keeping time to a beat let alone keeping time to a beat AND rocking on a pedal.

After I came to that realization, I knew that a wah pedal just isn't for me.

I am going to get an envelope filter instead. Yeah it is the lazy way out.....but I think that it will acheive any and all wah sounds that I need. Also, seeing as a tru-bypass envelope filter is less expensive than a tru-bypass wah pedal, I think that there will be considerably less "tone suckage" than if I went with a non tru-bypass wah, which is what I would do because as well as being a lazy fukker as I already mentioned, I am also a cheap fukker to boot LOL.

I was thinking Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron, a Mars Mini Yesman (cheaper but decent sounding pedal), or probably an Electro Harmonix Nano-Q. All of these seem pretty decent for the price especially the Nano-Q.
                            Last edited by bombtek; 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM.
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                            X