Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this sound like a Marshall Cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound like a Marshall Cabinet?

I have a 4x12 that I bought about 20 years ago. It's a 4x12 slant mono cab with a round plastic speaker jack. The handles are metal, not plastic and the speakers are Rola Greenbacks. The cabinet has had it's tolex removed, but I don't see any holes on the top for the 2 plastic panels that that the head would be placed on. It does have the holes for casters, but none were included with the cabinet.

Does this sound like a Marshall cabinet of old, or was it something else? The cabinet is plywood with a mdf back. Hope that help.

Thanx - Pete

It sounds like it could be. But post some pics and hopefully someone can help identify it.

Is there any chance that you've seen any signatures inside? Jim Marshall used to have the people building the cabs sign the cabs on the inside and in fact, Jim used to help assemble the cabs, too. By the way, he did so that it would instill some pride in the work force and also to identify who built a particular cab if it came back for repair - the workers used to tease Jim about his skills in the shop.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
    X