Dealy Pedal Clipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealy Pedal Clipping

So I got a new DLS Echo Tap. I was running it in front of a Crate Solid State 40 watter and it was clipping on the clean channel no matter how I adjusted it. When I switched the pedal off there was no distortion of any kind.

I thought it must have been the DLS. I had a friend over at the time who had his MXR Carbon Copy with him and I plugged that into the front of this amp and again - clipping on the clean channel.

The amp has no effects loop but I still should be able to run these things in front with no distortion. Both times when the pedals were NOT engaged there was no clipping. When I turned them on the clipping would start - mostly when I hit the bass strings in a power chord format.

I have really good chords and the guitar has WB Pick ups in it - passive and really nice pups. The guitar was my Rico Jr with a coil splitter. Tried every switch on the guitar too and could not get the clipping to go away.

Something tells me it may not be the pedals though.

Anybody know WTF is going on?
    Last edited by shredmonster; 04-07-2009, 11:55 AM.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Delays work best in the loop preferably at or very near the end of the chain....

I have never used Delays outside of the loop, I could understand this being the problem with the Crate if it did the same with the carbon copy delay aswell..

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
      Delays work best in the loop preferably at or very near the end of the chain....
      Exactly. Delays sound like shit and will clip in front of an amp.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well running it in a loop is not a problem on my Framus or Marshall heads.

I was just reading some posts at HugeRacksInc.com lately where guys said they were running these exact pedals in front of several different different amps with no problem.

So I figured this could be done. Maybe I will try them in front of my heads for the hell of it and see what happens.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

when you run a time based effect in front of an amp you will sometimes experience weird noises because of the signal level mismatch and buffering. This is one of those times.

Comment

Working...
          X