2x12 or 15" for bass cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x12 or 15" for bass cab?

I'm searching for another bass cab for my bass rig that alreaady has a 4x10, and have been suggested a 2x12, would sound tighter/better than 1x15? Any suggestions, and why?
    I love admins!

i like using 12's with bass. a pair or a quad of high wattage 12's makes a really full tone with some mid-range growl added in. i used to use a 4x12 hiwatt cab loaded with JBL 12" speakers (each with a 300 watt continuous handling) with a mesa bass 400+ and the sound was KILLER!!!!!!

not sure how it would sound with the 4x10 though....never tried it.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i prefer 8x10"s or 4x10"s with 1x15".
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Get a 1x18"!
        https://www.carvinguitars.com/produc...product=BR118N
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

2x15 cab.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

seriously, my bassist uses 2x10" and 1x18" cabs and that 18 is too much. he is eating most of the frequencies that band uses. live when we are on the big stages his sound gobbles the sub frequencies. it's not cool. a lot of times his bass is low that you can't hear things clearly. you feel this gut rumbling low end then all this high end clackity-clack.

it sucks. we might fire him because of it. the band has talked to him about working a sound that will compliment the WHOLE band, but he won't do it. he eats the hi's and the sub lows. the kick is lost (or it gets tuned too high and sounds like plastic), he and the cymbals clash for the hi's. i sit in the mid nicely, but most of the time my guitar sounds like a blanket is on it because ALL that comes through are the low to upper mids.

by himself, he sounds AWESOME. within the band, WE sound like ass....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

if you have a pool make a speaker out of that and put the knobs in the garage, Im sure you will piss off the neighbors really good tho lol!

Comment

Working...
                X