Fulltone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone

Has anyone tried the overdrive pedals from Fulltone? In particular the OCD and the Fulldrive 2.

I'm trying to find a pedal that I can use when playing through my amp at low volumes.
    Scott

I have a Fulltone Octafuzz that absolutely kills. I've tried the Fulldrive a bunch of years ago - didn't really blow my skirt up. Seemed like a tubescreamer clone. Not really into that sound anymore.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I had the OCD for about a week, sounded too harsh for my ears. I returned it and got a Maxon OD808 instead.

Comment

I have an OCD and use it with certain amps. Be aware there are 4 versions of this pedal as Fulltone tweaks it a bit continuosly. All 4 versions aren't available at the same time, its more like an evolution of the pedal. I think the one I have is version 2. Some people prefer one version over another, its all a matter of taste. I think there was a guy on youtube that had some clips of at least a couple versions where he A/B'd them.
        I've also tried a Fulldrive and a GT-350 at a store using a Charvel Dimartini through a Bogner Ecstasy 101B. They both sounded nice! Then again there was nothing but high end stuff being used there from the USA Charvel to the Bogner to the Fulltone stuff
        Last edited by roodyrocker; 04-09-2009, 09:48 PM.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Has anyone tried the overdrive pedals from Fulltone? In particular the OCD and the Fulldrive 2.

I'm trying to find a pedal that I can use when playing through my amp at low volumes.
          I run an OCD into a Splawn Competition. But I'm using it more as a
          clean boost, so I can't really comment how it would do at giving
          you distortion through a low volume setup. As it is, I like the OCD
          a lot. I turn the gain down to about 8 o'clock and the volume around
          11 o'clock and the tone control about 2 o'clock with the selector switch
          in the down position [supposedly a bit less distortion there]
          It gives you a nice bump for solos with great clarity. Makes everything
          sound 'bigger.' And if you get one and don't like it, you won't have any
          trouble selling it--lots of Fulltone fans out there...

Comment

I have an OCD version 4 and it's a Killer pedal!! Well worth the money spent!

Comment

I have heard good things about the fulltone but have never played one...I just picked up a keeler push as a boost/od for my roccaforte (at low volumes) and it has been working great. Pedals very sujective and what may work for one may not work for another. I would also take a look at pedalgeek.com as they have a huge selection and give a great description of their pedals..

Comment

Most of these pedals depend upon what amp you are using them with. There is no one best.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                X