Acoustic Simulator pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic Simulator pedals.

Are these things even worth the money that companies are asking? Or are they kinda useles (meaning if you want to sound acoustic, get an acoustic LOL)?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

i had the boss acoustic pedal when it first came out and thought it was shit. i ended up buying one of those acoustic guitar stands so i could just use my ovation on stage.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah from what I heard, there is not that good a reason to spend $ on them, just go get an acoustic. I think thats what I'll end up doing.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

...or for live use, go with a good piezo pickup install on your electric
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

The Boss AC2 is excellent. So is the simulator in the GT-8 and GT-10. I also think the acoustic simulator that is contained in the Zoom 505II is one of the best I have heard. Very convincing live.

Comment

i've never been impressed by them. nothing beats the warmth, clarity, and percussive qualities of a taylor IMO.
            good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
              i've never been impressed by them. nothing beats the warmth, clarity, and percussive qualities of a taylor IMO.
              I will grant you that but for live stage use sometimes trying to mic up an acoustic in a band situation produces difficult to control feedback or howling. Besides, if you have to play an acoustic intro then suddenly go into an electric part, its easier to do that live with one guitar thats also piezo equipped than it is with an acoustic on an omega stand and an electric strapped around your neck. I won't argue the fact that a nice Taylor sounds great for acoustic guitar though, you sir have good taste in acoustics
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Unless you are James Taylor.... using an acoustic simulator live is fine.
                I do agree that it isn't better than the real thing though. It has never been practical for me to have an acoustic mic'd up live. Not to mention ever having a soundman who could handle it.

Comment

I used to have one...they are pretty good for processing piezo signals

Comment

I have the boss one and it's not that great. Beware of acidentally have both a distortion pedal and it on at the same time(esp live). I had a beringer one and thought it was great but it took a surge when my power blew and fryed(only pedal to die).

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      I will grant you that but for live stage use sometimes trying to mic up an acoustic in a band situation produces difficult to control feedback or howling. Besides, if you have to play an acoustic intro then suddenly go into an electric part, its easier to do that live with one guitar thats also piezo equipped than it is with an acoustic on an omega stand and an electric strapped around your neck.
                      i agree. that's why i now use a piezo wquipped brian moore onstage, or just play the acoustic part on my clean channel with the regular guitar.

the acoustic on a stand really only worked when the majority of the song was acoustic with a small heavy section...something like skid row's "i'll remember you". other than that it was cumbersome and difficult. LOOKED cool for a while, but it got old.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        The Boss AC2 is excellent.
                        I agree. When used properly and with the right pickup configuration, they sound pretty damned convincing. The AC2 was recommended to me by Marty Friedman who stated that he used it extensively for the acoustic parts on Youthanasia during "live" performances.
                        "POOP"

Comment

if i had acoustic parts to accompany songs that required my metal rig the simplest and best solution would probably be to get someone else to play the acoustic

besides, sometimes acoustic + electric sounds cool as hell IMO.
                          good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

it does, and a piezo equipped electric can do that. it was one of the factors that pushed me toward the brian moore. mine also has the 13pin midi system so i can blend synth parts as well.
                            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              i had the boss acoustic pedal when it first came out and thought it was shit. i ended up buying one of those acoustic guitar stands so i could just use my ovation on stage.
                              I bought that same pedal just to ge it home and turn right back around and return it. It sounded horrible, I got a better coustic type sound out of my digitech hardwire stereo chorus on a clean channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X