Acoustic Simulator pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I also think the acoustic simulator that is contained in the Zoom 505II is one of the best I have heard. Very convincing live.
    + 1

I thought I was the only person out there that thought that. My friends were like, come on Man, it's a Zoom, no way does it sound good. Just try it. The pedal is worth the money just for that one tone.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      it does, and a piezo equipped electric can do that. it was one of the factors that pushed me toward the brian moore. mine also has the 13pin midi system so i can blend synth parts as well.
      Yes, I've blended the piezo acoustic sound going through my SWR California Blonde amp and the electric going through my Randall RM100 simultaneously it sounds great!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        i ended up buying one of those acoustic guitar stands so i could just use my ovation on stage.
        I did the same.

Korg's Pandora px4d has an acoustic similator that sounds good.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

It should be noted that they really do not make your guitar sound like an acoustic, but rather a piezo equipt guitar...They do sound ok for recording thought..
          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            The Boss AC2 is excellent. So is the simulator in the GT-8 and GT-10. I also think the acoustic simulator that is contained in the Zoom 505II is one of the best I have heard. Very convincing live.
            I bought the original 505 for the acoustic sim after seeing Rush on the Test For Echo tour. Alex used acoustics on Gracie stands for years, but on the song Drive he used a simulator with his PRS because the acoustic and electric sounds go in and out too fast for him to switch guitars.

It also eliminated that awkward silence live when he'd take his hand off the acoustic to go electric. The studio cuts always had the acoustic still ringing when the electric kicked in, and he could do that with the simulator.

That was all I needed to see and hear to want one myself. I don't have that 505 anymore though...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

This is my solution to acoustic guitar live - I got one after checking out a friend's at one of her gigs.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

what i've found with the boss ac-3 acoustic simulater, is it is convincing with single coils on ss amps. with humbuckers, not so much and through tube amps, the "hiss" is more pronounced.
                Guitars:
                Jackson DK2M Blue Bengal
                Jackson PS-4
                Charvel CX 390
                Gibson Les Paul Studio
                Gibson Les Paul Jr. Pro
                Gibson Les Paul Special
                '56 Gibson J160E
                Galveston Acrylic Strat
                couple of other oddities

Amps:
                Vox AC100CPH
                Ibanez TBX150H

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  I bought the original 505 for the acoustic sim after seeing Rush on the Test For Echo tour. Alex used acoustics on Gracie stands for years, but on the song Drive he used a simulator with his PRS because the acoustic and electric sounds go in and out too fast for him to switch guitars.

It also eliminated that awkward silence live when he'd take his hand off the acoustic to go electric. The studio cuts always had the acoustic still ringing when the electric kicked in, and he could do that with the simulator.

That was all I needed to see and hear to want one myself. I don't have that 505 anymore though...
                  I sold my Zoom 505II just last week to a guy who bought it specifically for the acoustic simulator.

Comment

Working...
                  X