Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlayerOfGodz View Post
    Larry has a Sig preamp for jon
    it will be used for smaller gigs and when they have to fly over the pond to play a night and jon does'nt feel like taking all his heads with him.

It's the British Hotrod channel of the Dino and the Clean channel of the Dino.

There's an 8 month wait on it currently.

Oh you sumbitch!! Are you trying to make me look bad..well you did a good job! Touche my man..touche..

But if he tours with his Uber again..I'm gonna be all like ..na na na na na na..ha ha ha ha ha ha..

I'd love to check out that preamp..I'm sure it has alot more balls than my JMP-1. Even tho I still love that damn thing.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

At 6 grand or whatever it costs..i'll pass waiting for one..lol

you seen the youtube vid of warren haynes playing the uber ?
      proves the bogner works for more than metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RdVqPgYWj4

Comment

At 6 grand or whatever it costs..i'll pass waiting for one..lol

you seen the youtube vid of warren haynes playing the uber ?
        proves the bogner works for more than metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RdVqPgYWj4
        Whats interesting in that video is that not only is Warren playing through the Uber, but he's also using strictly the clean channel which is not what this amp is known for. I've said it before, the Uber's clean channel isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Granted this amp is known for the killer distortion channel and in fact the guy in Coheed is indeed playing his Uber on that channel. I used my Uber in an 80's cover band using a Bogner 4x12 loaded with British Celestion Greenbacks and it worked great for that tone as well.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I love KT88s for the power section, but I think it would be too dark with the 6 matching Tung Sol 12ax7s I installed. That really changed the voice and feel of the amp big time. Clevo-John was here and was diggin' the tone with the gain @ 9:00 and the bass almost off. With the JJ's I always ran the bass full tilt, but that's WAY too much with the Tung Sols tho!! I dilaed in a nice hot rodded Marshall JMP tone like that. But that's not for me tho..I gain the fuck out of it!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I keep my gain low as well, sometimes i hit it with my BB preamp as a clean boost, just tightens up the low end .
            at noon it has more gain than my marshalls and stuff cranked..lol

Comment

What preamp tube are you guys running now?????

Comment

Nothing but tung sols for me. I HATE the stock JJ's that came with the Uber. They REALLY sucked in my Marshall too. The Marshall's Sovteks sound way better..so I tried the Sovetks in the Uber...not bad. But the Tung Sols was the easy win of the three..with the JJ last. The JJ sound so weak, and thin to me. I used to cranked the bass all th eway up with the JJ's..now anything part 12:00 is prettty nuts.

Oh, my original and only complaint I had with the Uber is an annoying midrand "Honk" that I could NOT dial out. I called Dan at the tube store and advised me that this is a commom complaint with Uber guys, and pointed me to the Tung Sols. He said "try 'em , if you don't like them..send 'em back , and I'll ship you the JJs"..He was right, that fuggin' "Honk" was gone for good, plus a killer tone that I could not achieve with the stock JJ's

I have no use for JJ's..I'd rather throw them away than to use them again.

BTW..I still have the stock JJ EL34s in mine, but they seem to be a good balance with the 6 matching tung sols.
                Last edited by horns666; 05-20-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I keep my gain low as well, sometimes i hit it with my BB preamp as a clean boost, just tightens up the low end .
                  at noon it has more gain than my marshalls and stuff cranked..lol
                  I run mine with the gain between 12:00-1:00 O'clock and that works perfect for 80's hard rock my band does. You can crank up the gain as much as you want like Bill does and it still sounds good. Most other amps turn to crap when you max out the gain whereas the Uber kicks butt no matter where you dial it. The effects loop isn't the greatest in it though.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    you're wrong..

We'll see what amp he uses when they tour again..
                    They've toured not too long ago. You can see his setup in some recent Youtube vids, when the angle is right. Larrys on top of Marshall cabs. Please don't suggest they're not plugged in and the Uber is hidden away offstage. Your ears should tell you its not an Uber.

Look man, I'm not ragging on you on purpose, just trying to clear up some misconceptions.

There is also a full blown Schaffer signature Larry head coming out soon as well.
                    Last edited by SpecialEdYaay; 05-21-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

[quote=SpecialEdYaay;1245666]They've toured not too long ago. You can see his setup in some recent Youtube vids, when the angle is right. Larrys on top of Marshall cabs. Please don't suggest they're not plugged in and the Uber is hidden away offstage. Your ears should tell you its not an Uber.

Look man, I'm not ragging on you on purpose, just trying to clear up some misconceptions.

There is also a full blown Schaffer

Cool..

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEdYaay View Post
                        They've toured not too long ago. You can see his setup in some recent Youtube vids, when the angle is right. Larrys on top of Marshall cabs. Please don't suggest they're not plugged in and the Uber is hidden away offstage. Your ears should tell you its not an Uber.

There is also a full blown Schaffer signature Larry head coming out soon as well.

BTW..you really can't go by "ears" to tell what a player is using. Much of a players's touch, tone and feel is in their hands. Chroming Rose used and was endorsed by Larry amps, but their tone on "New World" is far from Schaffer's tone. Actually', Jon's studio tone sounds much like my Uber's tone at home..either it's the way I play or dial it in. Infinite players use the same amps and guitars and sound completely different..or the influnces we gravitate to. I saw Jeff Loomis use more than a Baker's dozen rigs but it always sounds like him..same applys with me..my friends..you..and Jon.

But thanks for clearing up that he's back with Larry..otherwise I honestly wouldn't known the difference. He'd sound like Jon Schaffer thru a Larry, Bogner, 5150, Recto, Pignose or a Gorilla.

Comment

Working...
                        X