Bogner Uberchall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    The best "truest" Uberschall example I can point you to on any record I've heard so far is Iced Earth's last "The crucible of man". Jon Schaffer used to used a Larry with a BBE 422 in the loop for his dirty tone and a Roland Jazz Chorus for his cleans with a A/B box. But since since he got his Uber when Ripper joined then around 2003 he uses both channels and it sounds amazing live and in studio. He didn't miss any coolness in his clean tones and The Roland is one of the holy grails for that stuff.
    I'm sorry but thats not even close to accurate. Schaffer used an Uber (together with a Marshall JCM2000) live for a period when Ripper was first in the band, only because his main amps, Larry Dinos, got damaged in a freak accident. The record following that incident, Glorious Burden is the only one (besides the 1st two) that don't feature the Larry as the main tone. I'm not even sure he used an Uber on a recording. Anyway, since that record and tour he got his Larry's repaired and also got new ones, and thats been on every record since.

I'm aware he made a comment of "not even close" when asked of his preference between an Uberschall and Larry amp, but I can guaran-fucking-tee he meant the Uber was the one that wasn't even close to the Larry.

There is a two channel Jon Schaffer signature Larry amp coming out soon as well, so that should also tell you something about what he currently uses.

I've played them both and like both of them, but the Larry is the superior amplifier. Its capable of much more than just the Iced Earth tone.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      The Marshal and Bogner sound amazing together. It must be heard to be believed. Their voices really really blend so damn nice together. I actually wish I could have THAT sound with one amp. Because whenever I go for a crazy pinch harmonics if the Bogner doesn't pick it up..the Marshall will.
      Bill, why don't you use a try something like a Radial ABY box and you can run both amps seperate or together at the same time if you choose. You could even put a short delay after the ABY box on one amp input and have it delayed a bit to make it super thick.

Allan Holdsworth endorses this model...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEdYaay View Post
        I'm sorry but thats not even close to accurate. Schaffer used an Uber (together with a Marshall JCM2000) live for a period when Ripper was first in the band, only because his main amps, Larry Dinos, got damaged in a freak accident. The record following that incident, Glorious Burden is the only one (besides the 1st two) that don't feature the Larry as the main tone. I'm not even sure he used an Uber on a recording. Anyway, since that record and tour he got his Larry's repaired and also got new ones, and thats been on every record since.

I'm aware he made a comment of "not even close" when asked of his preference between an Uberschall and Larry amp, but I can guaran-fucking-tee he meant the Uber was the one that wasn't even close to the Larry.

There is a two channel Jon Schaffer signature Larry amp coming out soon as well, so that should also tell you something about what he currently uses.

I've played them both and like both of them, but the Larry is the superior amplifier. Its capable of much more than just the Iced Earth tone.
        Interesting. That could explain why I like all of their albums except Glorious Burden. I've always thought his tone was fantastic. Tons of distortion but it remains so tight and articulate.
        Scott

Comment

Got the Uberschall today, all I have to say for now is WOW, what a deadly
          amp. I think this is what I was looking for, taking it to jam practice tomorrow
          to see what she really has.
          I was also thinking of running the Recto and the Uberschall together.
          I'll post some rig pix some time soon.
          Thanx for all the help.

Comment

Congrats! We knew you'd like the Uber
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              Then at NAMM this year I saw another version which has KT88's plus it has hi and lo knobs for the clean channel. Don't know if this latest version is available yet.
              Available for ordering... but not shipping yet for a few more months.

I ordered one, was hoping it would be quicker than that, but that's what my dealer told me yesterday on the phone. Apparently there were some production delays...

- Leo.

Comment

It sounded pretty nice at NAMM, I think you'll like it Leo. Was there any price difference from previous versions?
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

It sounded pretty nice at NAMM, I think you'll like it Leo. Was there any price difference from previous versions?
                  Thanks for the reassurance

Same price as the previous version.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
                    Thanks for the reassurance

Same price as the previous version.
                    Thats good to know that its the same price. At the NAMM show it was so new that the new hi and lo writting under the knobs were written in with magic marker
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thats good to know that its the same price. At the NAMM show it was so new that the new hi and lo writting under the knobs were written in with magic marker
                      Yeah, I saw the pics :ROTF:

As long as they are taking the time to "do it right", I don't mind waiting.

Comment

only thing better than a uber is a uber rev 2 with KT88's..I just finished this mod today.

Comment

hummm, you have to do a mod to be able to use the KT88's?

Comment

easy mod..

I dont know of any amp that will run both EL34's and KT88's without a bias mod.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEdYaay View Post

you're wrong..

We'll see what amp he uses when they tour again..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Larry has a Sig preamp for jon
                                it will be used for smaller gigs and when they have to fly over the pond to play a night and jon does'nt feel like taking all his heads with him.

It's the British Hotrod channel of the Dino and the Clean channel of the Dino.

There's an 8 month wait on it currently.

Last edited by SlayerOfGodz; 05-19-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X