thoughts on this price for a marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on this price for a marshall

hey, just wondering what you guys think of a "marshall jcm1000 triple lead series". dont know much about these, they good? is it a bargain for about a grand? ad says mint, all info is appreciated.

You mean a JCM 2000 TSL, right? That might be on the high end but if it's brand new from a dealer that's great. You can find nice used ones on eBay for less though.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

That probably is a little high.

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
        hey, just wondering what you guys think of a "marshall jcm1000 triple lead series". dont know much about these, they good? is it a bargain for about a grand? ad says mint, all info is appreciated.
        Do a lot more reseach and read reviews.

The TSL always got a bad rap as not "sounding" as good as the DSL. I have a DSL and think it sounds good, but the additional features the TSL has are very appealing. I've even thought of switching head, but in the end, I was lazy and just stuck to the DSL.

Now I'm eying the JVM 410H, but the price is still pretty high, and the DSL is getting the job done, so that probably won't happen either.

Comment

ya i dono thats exactly what was posted, i was unable to get in touch with him so who knows exactly what it was.

Comment

A lot of people getting the new JVMs are reporting that they really kill the DSL's and TSL's. I've played all of them, but not a lot. To me, the DSL is nice and simple. The JVM's I've played had too many modes and knobs and push buttons and lights...
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

The thing that kills me with some Marshalls, and I've looked at several high end ones in the last couple weeks (including the Kerry King head and that 4 channel JVM) is the cheap fucking knobs they use.

These were all in the $1,000 - $2,000+ range and my daughter's toy oven has higher quality knobs on it.

I mean you go from a nice Mesa or a Dr. Z or a high end fender and then go to some of these expensive Marshalls and its unbelievable. I know knobs don't make the tone, but seriously, these things felt cheaper than shit and even less durable.

Not the case with all of them, as I tried a nice combo that didn't have the cheap plastic stuff.

Best bet is to see what this guy has and then see if your local GC, or the equivalent, has one you can try out and see if you like it. Or check any demos on youtube.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                A lot of people getting the new JVMs are reporting that they really kill the DSL's and TSL's. I've played all of them, but not a lot. To me, the DSL is nice and simple. The JVM's I've played had too many modes and knobs and push buttons and lights...
                Exactly. If I was gigging, and needed to switch between a lot of tones, then maybe. But I'm a bedroom hack, so it's not to hard to go to the amp and spin a knob or two.

Also, the more complex and amp gets, the more that can go wrong. Just the nature of the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Exactly. If I was gigging, and needed to switch between a lot of tones, then maybe. But I'm a bedroom hack, so it's not to hard to go to the amp and spin a knob or two.

Also, the more complex and amp gets, the more that can go wrong. Just the nature of the beast.
                  I really didn't like the push button mode switches on the JVMs. Push - push - push - push, back to where you started. These buttons ALWAYS fail at some point. Mesa's got it right with their heavy duty switches - give me some of those, Gov'nor!
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

If you want simplicity in a Marshall, go for something like the Rhoads head or buy an older Marshall like a JMP. It has no effects loop and only a single channel with basic control. Not so much as a footswitch comes with it. It has volume to bring down the house and classic Marshall mids that will cut through anything You just need a pedal to slam the front of it as it isn't the kind of high gain that you expect from modern heads. For cleans, just roll back the guitar volume knob and you have instant clean.
                    Mesas are nice but a friend's Dual Recto as well as mine both required a cap replacement. We both bought them brand new from the store he worked at and take extremely good care of them. It happens. Haven't looked at the knobs on newer JVM's but I have no complaints about the older Marshall knobs or my Rhoads. They're just basic knobs.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X