No announcement yet.

JCM 800 modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a more serious note on my earlier post, do what makes you happy man. People told Link Wray he was deranged for punching holes in speaker cones to bet breakup and distorion.

Rest in Peace. Link Wray was one of the true Original guitar players of this century, his innovations can be heard in almost every rock song today.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hey Guys, please realize that clip that Spiral posted of the Fortin Bones was played with an Avatar 1x12 open back V30 cab, hardly the best representation. IMO V30s need to be in a 4x12 to sound right.
      Last edited by SpecialEdYaay; 04-22-2009, 03:05 PM. Reason: listed OP wrong name

Comment

I listened to that clip again. It seems like it has potential..I'd like to play it.

I KNOW C wants his Uber back...we know this.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill

just wait for my clips!
          if the amp sucks then I'll put a bogner logo on it and call it an Uber

hahahahaha

*hugs and kisses*

Comment

Cool. Keep us posted on the mods and clips.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
              Bill

just wait for my clips!
              if the amp sucks then I'll put a bogner logo on it and call it an Uber

hahahahaha

*hugs and kisses*

Absolutely bro..I can't wait to hear them. I know they'll be cool..

If you keep huggin' and kissin' me..I'm going to get all worked up and dry hump you. But that's love man..that's love!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really look forward to hearing the clips.

By the way, my opinion on the modding: go nuts man!!! There are still shitloads of unmodded 800s out there, and it's your amp, do what you want with it. Some people on the Les Paul forum were giving me grief because I said I was going to route my 1980 Deluxe for humbuckers. I don't give a shit. I plan on doing it anyway. It's my guitar. It's not like it's a valuable antique.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I am definitely a fan of the Uberschall (had one, 1st rev., sold it) but this upcoming Natas amp will, I don't know how else to put it, flat out rape it. Not an easy task I know, but it will be done.

Comment

Oh yes, it will be done!

I had a 1st revision Uber as well, used it for 2 years!

but the Natas will rape it!

C

Comment

i know a guy in upstate ny who does killer marshall mods. back when i had my amp done he had one of the amps he did for the guy in bad brains. one of the fattest chunkiest sounding marshalls i ever played thru with no pedals at all. much different sound than a soldano or lee jackson type mod. not so much smooth singing tone more of a thick chunk.

Comment

I tried to buy a few but they ended up being worthless basket cases that bedroom amp tinkeres just fucked right up
                        Nothing more to add.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Nothing more to add.

That's great Don, but Mike is NOT that person. Mike knows his shit beyond the capacity of most amp builders, that's all I'm going to say! And by the way Don, I never said those amps were "modified" they were all repairs, swapped output trannies, replaced burnt caps, adding a fan to the headbox, but they were all so poorly done, they were not worth buying as mod candidates!

anyhow I don't need to say anymore

C

Comment

Have you thought about trying a 2203KK?
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Zeegler

yes I have and it's awful. I'm not looking for a JCM800 with a pedal in front of it, if I was I would have done that.

This will retain all the clarity and tight responce of the 800, but with a new preamp design in it. 2 footswitchable master volumes. This thing is going to sound great!

C

Comment

Zeegler

yes I have and it's awful. I'm not looking for a JCM800 with a pedal in front of it, if I was I would have done that.

This will retain all the clarity and tight responce of the 800, but with a new preamp design in it. 2 footswitchable master volumes. This thing is going to sound great!

C
                                I talked to Mike briefly last night. You're going to be extremely happy with this amp, no, make that ecstatic ! So ecstatic that I will be sad because it won't be mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X