pod xt live,,,HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pod xt live,,,HELP

OK i did a search on here and found it not very helpful. can someone tell me how to get a good ratt dokken ish sound outta this thing? remember you are tell a tard how to do this!
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

John,

I have a PODxt (not live), but I hook it up to a USB cable to my laptop and download tones from Line 6 using the Line 6 Edit program.

I'm not sure if it works the same for a PODxt Live or not.

I still like the sound of my POD 2.3 better, so I guess I'm hopeless. With the 2.3 to get a Ratt or Dokken tone, it's easy. The first preset (1A), and my trusty SL2H Bengal with the stock TB4.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      John,

I have a PODxt (not live), but I hook it up to a USB cable to my laptop and download tones from Line 6 using the Line 6 Edit program.

I'm not sure if it works the same for a PODxt Live or not.

I still like the sound of my POD 2.3 better, so I guess I'm hopeless. With the 2.3 to get a Ratt or Dokken tone, it's easy. The first preset (1A), and my trusty SL2H Bengal with the stock TB4.

I have a PodXT as well, don't you need to pay for the downloadable tones?
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

the custom tones are free. the packs are not,but i still can not figure out how to add them to the pedal! I will try download edit software. allready did the monkey and farm,but i think you have to have the port to use the farm. Thanks donp you have been a big help more then once.

john
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The SLO model is the jack of all trades on the PODs. Just dial it in, tweak the cab and effects and you should be able to replicate any tone you want.

There used to be a "Round and Round" or "Ratt and round" or something preset on the PODxt when I upgraded it - do you have that preset? It was the last preset before the empty "user" presets.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Well, you can program a patch yourself.

Start with the Amp model in the XTL: I'd suggest JCM800 and half-open 4x12 with Greenbacks (if that's an option - been a while since I had my XTL).

If that's close, load an EQ pedal into the chain and dial in a more exact tone.

Set the amp model's EQ to the middle to start, then tweak it gently to accentuate or tame unwanted frequencies (i.e. cut the Presence to lose the brittle glassiness and sizzle on the high end, bump the bass to give it more thump).

Always remember to RTFM!
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
              I have a PodXT as well, don't you need to pay for the downloadable tones?
              Like John said, they are free. I just got a PODxt a month ago so I'm a newbie at it, but it's a website where if you create a cool setting on your PODxt, you can upload it and others can download it for free into their PODxt's. The have about 6,000 settings for the PODxt, and a search function to find stuff (Iron Maiden).

I need to get a USB -> MIDI cable so that I can do the same with my POD 2.3. It is really cool, especially for a lazy person like me who just wants to plug and play. I haven't made it past 1A and the 4D presets on my POD 2.3 I've had for years

Comment

I need to get a USB -> MIDI cable so that I can do the same with my POD 2.3. It is really cool, especially for a lazy person like me who just wants to plug and play. I haven't made it past 1A and the 4D presets on my POD 2.3 I've had for years
                I had one of those years ago when I had thoe old POD. Those cables are a disaster - my computer only recognized the connect 1/2 the time - and it was slow.

The USB out on the newer PODs are worth the upgrade (plus IMO they sound better - yeah yeah "fizz" - I just don't hear it).
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  I had one of those years ago when I had thoe old POD. Those cables are a disaster - my computer only recognized the connect 1/2 the time - and it was slow.

The USB out on the newer PODs are worth the upgrade (plus IMO they sound better - yeah yeah "fizz" - I just don't hear it).
                  Ok, I'll save my money then.

Worth the upgrade? I use my PODxt for a tuner

I know, I need to give it more time.

Comment

Ok, I'll save my money then.

Worth the upgrade? I use my PODxt for a tuner

I know, I need to give it more time.
                    The X3 is really fun because you can run two rigs simultaneously - i.e. two amps, and pan them whereever you want. Or you can run one channel for guitar, and the other as a mic in - like for playing along to songs on an ipod.

Truth be told - the XT was easier to dial in than the X3, but the X3's got more bells and whistles.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

I am just using a printer cable for the xt live, don.I am using the edit software and its working kinda.thats why i like the rp3 i use 3 channels and stomp the dist on or off.But this does seem more responsive than other pedals with all this junk ie boss 8 or 9 I can not remember whitch I had last.

Comment

This is just an FYI post for XT live and I would also assume that this would work for XT.

1. Download Line 6 monkey. Get every update that you can get. Most importantly, the driver.
                        2. Download Line 6 editor.
                        3. Hook your XT live or XT to the computer. Make sure that the software has found it. You may need to restart your computer with the XT hooked up and turned on. Make sure that the XT is on a userbank. Have it hooked up to your amp and guitar, then open Line 6 editor. It will find your XT however you have it hooked up, whether through USB or midi. Click on the pic of your gear that pops up. Then go to the top of the editor. There is a tab that comes down that says Get Custom Tones. It will take you to the website. At the top of the website there is a search. After you have found the tone that you want to try, click "Get tone". It will automatically pop up a pic of the setup. Play a few things on your guitar, cuz it will already be using that tone. If you like it, press the "Save" button on the Line 6 XT pedalboard twice. That tone will then be saved in your pedal. Some tones require additional packs that don't come standard. You may have to buy them. I have found quite a few usable settings. The XT live that I have has only had two upgraded packs. And away you go! Rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                          OK i did a search on here and found it not very helpful. can someone tell me how to get a good ratt dokken ish sound outta this thing? remember you are tell a tard how to do this!
                          My favorite "go to" tone -- Soldano Preamp, everything on 7 - eq/gain. Little bit of delay.

Comment

For RATT - use a Floyded Alder body guitar with a Duncan JB in the bridge.

For Dokken - use a Floyded Maple body guitar with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge.

then the use the Marshall or the SLo100 with greenbacks and one of the overdrive pedals with one knob low and the other up high.
                            Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                            X