Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rig pics

Here's my Axe-FX Rig:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Christ Almighty Tim..I recognize a power conditioner..but that's about it.

Buy an amp..ya bastid! You owned all of 'em!!

WTF is that???!!!:think:
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Fractal? Is that, that new modular type thing that everyone is talking about and are apparently impossible to get? I may be thinking of the wrong thing so please forgive my stupidity.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I have heard great things about that AxeFX. Pretty pricey. How's it sound?? Also, don't see a power amp. Are you going straight through the PA?

Comment

It looks like the dashboard of a Space Shuttle.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Christ Almighty Tim..I recognize a power conditioner..but that's about it.

Buy an amp..ya bastid! You owned all of 'em!!
            I still have a number of amps

WTF is that???!!!:think:

On the floor from L-R:
            • Axess Electronics FX1 - MIDI foot controller
            • Mission Pedal EP1-R Expression Pedal
            • Dunlop Crybaby 95Q (switchless wah)
            • Fulltone Mini Deja-Vibe 2
            • Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster (I use this for single coil guitars to match humbucker volumes)
            • Korg Pitchblack tuner
            In the rack T-B:
            • Furman Power Conditioner
            • MOTU MIDI Express XT - basically a MIDI patch bay/router
            • Axon AX-100 pitch-to-MIDI convertor - with this and a Roland GK compatible pickup you can play synths
            • Roland XV-5050 synth - triggered by the Axon AX-100
            • Fractal Audio Systems Axe-FX Ultra - amp/cab modeling, gazillions of effects
            And finally, it all gets pumped out of an FBT Verve 12ma active full-range speaker.

See, nothing to it!
            Last edited by hippietim; 04-24-2009, 10:00 AM.

- Newc

Comment

Does it sounds titties..? You know amps and tone I assume it sounds amazing. That rig is kinda scary lookin'..where do I plug in..where's the hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                Fractal? Is that, that new modular type thing that everyone is talking about and are apparently impossible to get? I may be thinking of the wrong thing so please forgive my stupidity.
                This is the cream of the crop of modelers. I've owned most of them and this crushes them all. Substantially.

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                I have heard great things about that AxeFX. Pretty pricey. How's it sound?? Also, don't see a power amp. Are you going straight through the PA?
                Pricey is a relative thing.

My previous rig was a Brunetti Mille, VHT 2902, Eventide Eclipse, Port City 2x12 w/Golds, Eventide Timefactor, Plush Overdrive, Klon Overdrive, Boss Dimension Chorus, and EVH Phaser. I just did the disturbing exercise of adding up what all that would cost: used it adds up to almost $4500 and new would be over $7000. Shit, that's a lot of money. At least I got most of it used.

All of that stuff was effectively replaced with the Axe-FX Ultra and the FBT Verve 12ma. The Ultra was $2000 and the 12ma was $789. The MIDI synth stuff (which was not a capability of the previous rig) cost me about $1000 at the time I bought it - so even adding that stuff in this rig is cheaper!

Note that I'm not counting the power conditioner, stuff on the floor, or the rack since it's pretty much the same in my new rig.

- Newc

Comment

That's probably the coolest rig on the planet at this very moment.

Nice Tim!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Does it sounds titties..? You know amps and tone I assume it sounds amazing. That rig is kinda scary lookin'..where do I plug in..where's the hole?
                    Actually, if you remove the MIDI synth stuff then it's really a very simple rig. I plug into the tuner which runs into the other pedals like any other pedalboard and from the Wah output it goes straight into the Fractal unit. The output of the Fractal plugs into the FBT speaker.

- Newc

Comment

hahahahahah!

Comment

You plug into the tuner..hmmm. Do you have all the input and output levels dialed in? What do you use as master volume...I assume the output of Fractal unit.

Comment

sweet! I have a couple of questions though - what does the Mystery button do? And what are you using the synth for? Are you now able to get an authentic sax sound for when you're playing Baker Street?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Not even close. The Space Shuttle has far fewer knobs

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              sweet! I have a couple of questions though - what does the Mystery button do? And what are you using the synth for? Are you now able to get an authentic sax sound for when you're playing Baker Street?
                              The Mystery button is for something particularly unique for a patch.

As much as I would love to nail the sax tone in Baker Street, sadly that is not what I am using it for. :ROTF:

I literally threw the synth stuff in a few days ago so I'm not really using it in any of our songs yet but some songs we play have keys and I want to experiment with it - a couple tunes by Evanescence, I Wish by Stevie Wonder, etc.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X