Favorite type of pedal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delay here aswell
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Delay..lay..lay...ay..y is cool..ool..ol..l!!!
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        No pedal?
        +1

I have a Metal Zone, a Tube Screamer, a Wah, and just recently an EQ-20.

I next-to-never use any of them, prefering just to plug straight into the DSL100.

I bought the EQ-20 because a few people said hit the DSL100 with a TS in the front and have an EQ in the loop, but the DSL100 sounds so good to me as-is that I haven't had the need.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          +1

I have a Metal Zone, a Tube Screamer, a Wah, and just recently an EQ-20.

I next-to-never use any of them, prefering just to plug straight into the DSL100.

I bought the EQ-20 because a few people said hit the DSL100 with a TS in the front and have an EQ in the loop, but the DSL100 sounds so good to me as-is that I haven't had the need.
          pffft .....With so many tonal options out there .......why be so boring, why not explore a little....you can always use the bypass signal any time you want with a simple tap of the toe...
          I use the pedals to "flavor" the sound. Not be the main sound

(Can you tell I've become a little biased towards pedals? They're so much fun!)

I need to pick up about 25 or so more patch cables though. Anybody got any recommendations for good, but inexpensive ones?
          Last edited by bombtek; 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Oh and I've found another gem of a pedal as well.

If you haven't noticed, I am a cheap motherfucker, but I'm not broke. So I am willing to gamble on an "offbrand" pedal. You've read about me praising the Biyang pedals and as of yet, nothing has changed my opinion of that brand, TOTALLY kickass!!!

Another cool noname is Artec. I grabbed the Artec Blues Overdrive, and it is a better tubescreamer than a real tubescreamer is. Whether it be vintage, modern reissue, modified....whatever. I would put my Artec up against ANY version of a tubescreamer and be confident that it would easily come out the victor.

Oh and it is another pedal that looks like you can beat to fuck!! It is VERY rugged.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

For sounds : Whammy, SD-1
              For lack of sounds : ISP Decimator
              For enhancing sounds : BBE Sonic Stomp

I use the various chorus, reverb, and delay models build into my line 6 toneport for the other stuff.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                Oh and I've found another gem of a pedal as well.

If you haven't noticed, I am a cheap motherfucker, but I'm not broke. So I am willing to gamble on an "offbrand" pedal. You've read about me praising the Biyang pedals and as of yet, nothing has changed my opinion of that brand, TOTALLY kickass!!!

Another cool noname is Artec. I grabbed the Artec Blues Overdrive, and it is a better tubescreamer than a real tubescreamer is. Whether it be vintage, modern reissue, modified....whatever. I would put my Artec up against ANY version of a tubescreamer and be confident that it would easily come out the victor.

Oh and it is another pedal that looks like you can beat to fuck!! It is VERY rugged.
                I just bought an Artec hot rail for my strat. It sounds EVERY bit as good as a Duncan Hotrail for a 3rd of the price.

Comment

Artec are making pickups too? I checked out their pedals when I was looking for a tuner - the Dot Matrix looked cool, but I ended up going with something else. They seem pretty solidly constructed though
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Stereo chorus. For shits and grins, I like to screw with a flanger here and there but not for anything serious.
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I like anything that sounds "psychedelic" hard to choose a favorite
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Chorus - I like to sound like shit x2!
                        "POOP"

Comment

My Metalzone has done it for me for 15 years and counting.

Comment

It depends on what I'm playing. If I could only have one though, it would be my Z Vex SHO...the best clean boost that I've ever used.

A close second would be my new Logan Sound Wah Anti Wah. The honeymoon isn't over yet though so I'm not sure what the future holds for us
                            Last edited by Rupe; 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM.

Comment

My favorite pedal is a Monster cable..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Moollon Revibe
                                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                                X