Logan Sound Wah Anti Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan Sound Wah Anti Wah

I just picked one of these pedals up this past week. It is essentially two wah circuits that work with/against one another in a unique way. You can get some cool cocked wah sounds (ala Schenker) with the knob in its lower ranges. With the knob set around 3 o'clock its total "Brian May in a box" treble-booster type lead tones, but with more harmonic overtones than a treble-booster. I'm still playing around with the "in-between" settings and finding some unique and subtle overtones. It reacts differently to varying gain levels so it will be a while before I discover all of its possibilities.

So far, it seems to be a pretty cool box and adds something unique to the tonal palatte. I plan to give it a go at our next rehearsal while covering Queen's "Hammer to Fall".

Found some schematics. Basically its a graphics eq circuit with most of the bands removed and the remaining two sliders linked together in opposite directions. You should be able to get the same sounds with a graphic eq.

Comment

Maybe in theory, but it sounds nothing like anything I've ever heard from a graphic EQ...it creates distinct overtones along with the notched wah sounds, almost like a notched wah combined with a treble booster.

Where did you find the schematics?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
        Where did you find the schematics?
        Here's the Wah/Anti-Wah schematic.

Here's another, the same thing just called Gargletron (you'll note the reference to the Wah/Anti wah below the schematic).
        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Here's MXR and Boss EQ schematics. Per band it is the same thing, just uses the non-inverting opamp structure rather than the inverting used in the Wah/Anti-wah.
        I've been sorting through some of my stuff over the holidays and you might be interested in these: MXR 6-band EQ: MXR 10-band EQ: Here's the location of the missing parts which can be updated from any new gut shots:

Comment

Working...
        X