Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x12 Recommendations?

Hi Guys,

Going to pick up a 2x12 for rehearsal with my bassist. Just the two of us (and Guitar Pro ) But a drummer might be joining us soon.

We play mostly covers of 80's Hard Rock and Metal.

I am gonna be using the Egnater Rebel 20 and / or the Blackstar HT-5 through the 2x12. (Just ordered these 2 heads tonight )

I have narrowed it down to

1) Bogner 2x12
    2) Fryette 2x12 (Deliverance or Fat Bottom?)
    3) Mills Acoustics 2x12

But I am open to other suggestions.
    So... in this scenario, which 2x12 would you recommend?

Thanks.

I can only recommend the one I own - Genz Benz G-Flex. I picked this up and retired my 4x12 for gigs. Takes up less space in the car (although not MUCH less ) so all the gear can fit in back now. I A-B'd it with the old 4x12 when I got it home and it it sacrifices nothing over a 4x12.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I picked up a Carvin Legacy (Steve Vai-endorsed) 2X12 cab for dirt cheap at a pawn shop, and it's pretty dern good unit. It's also pretty compact, too. Now I just need to pick up a 50-watt head to use it with. )

Comment

This company used to get a lot of raves on the JCF

haven't much about 'em lately, so check 'em out!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          This company used to get a lot of raves on the JCF

haven't much about 'em lately, so check 'em out!

yeah and go with the G12H30's!
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Cool, will look into all the suggestions, plz keep them coming guys

- Leo.

Comment

I've got a Carvin VE212 cab with their British 12s which I've used for years. Clarity you can't beat, and they can take 300W.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have the Bogner and Mesa 2x12 and I actually like the Mesa better.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Im fixing to get a line 6 spider III 120w combo they sound good

Comment

Avatar cabs are great bang for the buck - NO question. The trusty old Marshall 1936 is a great 212 as well. I ran a pair of them in a steroe rig, and it sounded like GOD. I'm alos finding that since Celestion V30's became the flavor of the day for most cabs, I like the Marshall better, as I'm not a fan of the V30 in a closed back cab. I'd rather have the G12T75's in that configuration. I do like the V30 more in an open backed combo though.

Comment

Did you try the Egnater 2x12? I was thinking about getting a Rebel 20 and that cab, I like the idea of being able to make it sealed or open back.
                      Last edited by jmsaxon69; 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                        I have the Bogner and Mesa 2x12 and I actually like the Mesa better.
                        agreed The mesa 2x12 has loads of chunk and headroom... bit pricey though, maybe you could look out for a second hand version. I got 2 of em. looks great stacked
                        www.vendetta-theband.com
                        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

i have a mesa rectifier vertical 2x12 and it is killer. came with v30's....very nice cab.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Avatar. Get it with 1 Hellatone 30 and 1 Hellatone 60.

Comment

A related question:

Does different impedance values affect tone?

I ask since several of the options listed so far want the user to decide on the ohm value at the time of ordering.

Thanks

- Leo.

Comment

Working...
                              X