2x12 Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    I've owned my early series Uber since 2002. You have a new one on the way and a Uberkab!?

Dude, that's a no brainer..Bogner.
    Yes, my UberKab has been quite lonely waiting for the new Uberschall to come

I actually ordered the head and the cab at the same time... right around the time of the announcement of the new KT88 Uberschall, so I decided to go for the new version. Apparently they are still in the final stages of R&D, and haven't started production yet. (or in the early stages of production... amounts to the same thing)

Have had the UberKab for a few weeks now... the head will be ready in a few months

It's definitely a very nice cabinet in every way... but since I already have a Bogner cab, want to try something different for the 2x12

Also considered VHT / Fryette cabs... but the only Canadian dealer for them hasn't replied my email after more than a week... so... whatever. (In comparison, Mills Acoustics replied FAST, and definitely made me feel like a cherished customer)

- Leo.
    Last edited by Leo Chang; 05-08-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I have a two 2x12s: A Mesa upright Rectifier 2x12 (Vintage 30s), and a Marshall 1966b diagonal 2x12 with th e GT75s. I have to say I prefer the Marshall even though it's considered a much "cheaper" cab. The Mesa is great too...but the Marshall is just SO much lighter, and resonant. I've recently swapped out cones so that both have one Vint 30 and one GT75, and I still prefer the Marshall.

Of course my Mesa Rectifier 4x12 still blows both of them out of the water. But if you must stick with a 2x12, I'd highly recommend one of these old Marshalls. If you can find one, they usually go pretty cheap, since they are associate with the utter crap valvestate line.

Comment

Bert: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I am shopping for a second 2x12

(I already ordered the Mills Acoustics 2x12)

- Leo.

Comment

I'm kinda late to this discussion, but as a few others have noted the Mesa 2 by 12 is a pretty good choice. I used to tour with mine, and it sounded great.

Comment

Check you local pawn shop I've seen Sonic 2x12 for$100 or less with vintage 30 in them.

Comment

Working...
            X