SD808 Overdrive Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD808 Overdrive Pedal

Guys if you have never checked these out they are THE finest overdrive pedals I have ever heard period.

Made by Dave Wireman. He is very low key and does not advertise much.
    No fancy graphics or paint jobs.

I regularly play with guys who have OCD's, Timmys, Mosfets, Rats, etc....

This pedal is more touch sensitive, more flexible and has more balls - no contest this thing just kills. This will make a cheap amp sound like a million bucks. I know. I have plugged it into solid state Crates and it sounds like you are in the studio and that is no exaggeration.

People always come up to me and ask me what the hell I am using. And there is no brand name on it!!!!

I have the double sided version - Swanlund mod on one side and Landgraff mod on the other.

You can use one side as a clean boost etc....So flexible.

Kick in both sides and you have a fire breathing monster and get this -

with both sides engaged and everything set to 10 I can hear every single note when I play a chord.

Anybody looking for an OD - you won't find one this good anywhere.
    Plus its less expensive than most of the boutiques out there.

Just a brilliant stellar OD. Top of the heap.

He also has Distortion pedals and delay pedals.
    I currently have him making me a Fuzz Octave pedal.

Super guy to deal with too. As nice as they come.

www.Effectspedalboutique.com
    Last edited by shredmonster; 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

You mean the SRB808? Which chip did you choose? Did you get the fatboost mods on either side? Sounds like something I'm interested in.

Comment

Yeah SRB808. I got the Swanlund mod one one side and the Landgraff mod on the other.

Got fatboost mods on both sides. Thats all I needed to tell him I did not pick out my own chips. However I am getting new chips now to make the fatboosts even fatter!

Here is what I am getting -

on your original switch the part numbers tell me it has a .056UF on the non fatboost side & a .22UF cap on the fatboost side .
      the caps we use now are .1uf on the non fatboost side & a .22uf on the fatboost side
      weve upgraded one of the caps the .056uf is replaced by a .1uf cap.
      the new replacement .1uf cap adds just a slight bit more bottom end over the standard .056uf cap only on the standard switch possition (fatboost off).
      the reason for the change is some people said it didnt have enough bottom end when the fatboost was turned off.
      if you want me to i will send you the updated switch with the .1uf / .22uf caps on it & also a extra uf cap to installe on the other switch.
      that way you will have the latest update.
      let me know if thats ok other wise i will send you a exact replacement switch with a .056uf / .22uf cap

Heres some tone mod tips for the fatboost switch:
      the fatboost switch can be modded for more or less bass by changing the film cap value size ( the larger the value the more bottom end you get & it also cuts the mids.
      (Note: only use film caps polyester or metal film is best)
      .056uf bright (less bass)
      .1uf slightly more bass
      .15uf more bass
      .22uf standard fatboost cap
      .33uf fatter fatboost
      .47uf heavy bass
      1uf really heavy bass

If you end up getting one of these you will love it. I will keep mine for life its that good.

And don't be afraid to call. Call him - he is a great guy - very friendly and very knowledeable. In fact I am having him build me a custom fuzz similar to the original Foxx Tone Machine. I know if Dave builds it it will be killer.

I am also trying to see if he can build me a 12 String acoustic simulator. He is doing the research to see if he can make one cause there really is not anything out there in a small pedal right now. The closest thing is a Boss PS-5 which sounds just OK.
      The Electro Harmonix POGs don't sound very realistic to my ears - you have to use a detune and a pitch shifter to get them close.
      One of the POGs has a detune but the pedal is HUGE and expensive.
      Last edited by shredmonster; 05-15-2009, 12:17 PM.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
      X