new marshall mg amps ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new marshall mg amps ??

anybody tried or have one of these look and sound a lot better than the older mg's

quite interested in getting the 50 watt model

Hmm..sounds like they're modeling amps now? I might have to try one out the next time I go to GC.
    Scott

Comment

i've heard nothing but good things about the new MG series.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I don't know about the newer ones but I love my purple tolexed MG30DFX. I'd say they're nice amps.

I'm personally looking forward to the new Marshall Haze amp coming out!

Have you all saw that one yet?
        Last edited by beachjammer; 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

i am too. just wish it didn't have the built in efx. i hate that stuff....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah the Haze combo is HOT, I asked my dealer about it today and he hasn't heard a thing about it. Why for god's sake didn't Marshall put a loop on the mini stack though?!? So annoying... I sat and watched the video demo with the dealer and he seemed psyched about them so I'll hit him up for pricing down the road. He did mention they had the new 30 watt MG series and he thought it sounded so much better than the old ones. He said it didn't sound "digital" like the old ones did.
            Last edited by Hellbat; 05-07-2009, 04:17 PM. Reason: more betterer
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I owned one of the new ones for a few weeks (got it as part of a trade) and it did impress me but does sound solid state so if you are looking for a tube amp sound just go for a real tube amp. It did have a great crunch though and the effects were ok but I really did not focus on those too much. The reverb was very nice sounding and the clean was very nice too. I sold it because I never planned on keeping it in the first place but would have if I did need a combo that had some effects. The crunch channel really did a great Megadeth / Rust In Peace tone excellent.

Comment

The Haze looks pretty clean, I watched the demo and looks like it has a ton of versatility. When are they coming out?

Comment

I was at the local music store today and I heard a guy playing in the back and he had really good heavy tight tone. It was one of the new Marshall MG's. Great rehearsal amp. SS doesn't really cut the mustard live though. I would buy one as a practice amp in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                    I don't know about the newer ones but I love my purple tolexed MG30DFX. I'd say they're nice amps.

I'm personally looking forward to the new Marshall Haze amp coming out!

Have you all saw that one yet?
                    yea i have the purple mg30dfx too but the speaker blew out, have to use the warranty
                    Originally posted by Hellbat
                    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

I tried a MG100 in a store and it sounded great with a lot of bottom. Then I read a review that said they loose power after 6 months. Probably not true. SAM ASH has the lowest price I can find.
                      Also, I can't find the MG100FX 2 X 12" any where. If I did I would buy it and have fun making it loose power.
                      JvicE

Comment

The Haze is coming out June 1, the Aldrich demo is killer

Comment

Originally posted by j4vice View Post
                          I tried a MG100 in a store and it sounded great with a lot of bottom. Then I read a review that said they loose power after 6 months. I would buy it and have fun making it loose power.
                          It takes that long to unleash power? Dang, my amps unleash the power immediately!

Oh, you mean lose probably :idea:
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                            The Haze is coming out June 1, the Aldrich demo is killer
                            I couldn't find the demo by Aldrich, just the one by the Marshall guy. Do you have a link you could share?

Nevermind, found one on youtube. Sounds real nice for a small amp... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7nJ7X8NeeU
                            Last edited by Hellbat; 05-13-2009, 01:05 AM.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                            X