connecting studio mons to pod xtl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting studio mons to pod xtl

hey guy i am getting a set of studio monitors how the hell do i connect them to my pod xtl ...dont no if it matters but they are yamaha hs80m's

please help

I assume you have a poweramp?
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

You should be able to plug the xt into an interface, it might be possibly to plug straight into the monitors but unlikely.

Buying a cheap but decent 2-4 channel desk will do this for you you can plug the xt into the desk and the monitors will act as your speakers...

The desk method is the simplest adn easiest way to do it, tapco make decent stuff they are a budget line from mackie but make a lot of interfaces and small home use mixing desks, behringer also make small desks whilst i've never had any of my behringer stuff simply die many have..

after you have the desk the xt and monitors should just plug into the desk and work with no problems..

Comment

Well, the simplest method is to go from the line outs on the XT live to the line in's on the monitors. I'm not 100% familiar with those speakers but if they have balanced inputs then hooking it up balanced will give you the best possible sound quality.

For more versatility you will want to go through a mixer of some sort unless the only thing you want to listen to through the speakers is the pod. I use a Yamaha MG102c mixer with my powered monitors and am quite happy with it so far. It cost me around $125 or so.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

thanks guys..i went the easy route xt's line out to monitor in's..i think it sounds alright...and i set my pc to use the pod as my soundcard...whatever it works

Comment

Working...
          X