Madison amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madison amps

Anyone try the new line from Madison?There is a dealer close by so I thought I'd go have a look.
    I just did a search and wow some really bad reviews so I will stay away frome them.Made in USA RIGHT!!!
    Last edited by straycat; 05-11-2009, 12:06 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I do recall there being a very grey area as to where exactly they were made depending on how you look at those things...

I know a guy on the esp boards who sues the divinity cabs and gets good results as for the amps themselves I dont think they are that much better than others around for alittle more money, peavy etc..

Comment

Same for the Peavey Windsor heads always break down but the cabs rock.

Comment

They are liars. Their amps are made in China.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I went and did look at them and yes made in China.The dealer had noticed that as well and was pretty pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            I went and did look at them and yes made in China.The dealer had noticed that as well and was pretty pissed.
            That tells me a lot about the company right off the bat. They misrepresent their products, and sell Chinese made products claiming they are made in USA. Credibility out the window. Their prices are way out of line for Chinese made stuff. Consider that they are almost certainly made in the same factory as the B-52 AT-100 and a similar Randall model, both of which cost about half the price of the Madisons. Then there's the whole duct tape debacle. Some folks had brand new Madisons that had duct tape inside the chassis on some wires. I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, but seriously, duct tape? Also, apparently many of the original run of Divinity I amps had the contour knob completely disconnected. The knob was still on the amp, but the pot was not connected to anything inside.

Personally, I would pass on anything with the Madison name on it.

Comment

True story, I had the amp here with duct tape in it and the contour controls that didn't work. The owner had no idea the contour didn't work, he was never told. The amp also had the Made in China rubbed off the back, but it could still be seen if you tilted the amp the right way. I made a post on HCAF and several guys had amps with the MIC removed. Pure crap.
              Jerry
              FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP View Post
                True story, I had the amp here with duct tape in it and the contour controls that didn't work. The owner had no idea the contour didn't work, he was never told. The amp also had the Made in China rubbed off the back, but it could still be seen if you tilted the amp the right way. I made a post on HCAF and several guys had amps with the MIC removed. Pure crap.
                Jerry
                Hi Jerry, I had no idea you were a member here. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  That tells me a lot about the company right off the bat. They misrepresent their products, and sell Chinese made products claiming they are made in USA. Credibility out the window. Their prices are way out of line for Chinese made stuff. Consider that they are almost certainly made in the same factory as the B-52 AT-100 and a similar Randall model, both of which cost about half the price of the Madisons. Then there's the whole duct tape debacle. Some folks had brand new Madisons that had duct tape inside the chassis on some wires. I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, but seriously, duct tape? Also, apparently many of the original run of Divinity I amps had the contour knob completely disconnected. The knob was still on the amp, but the pot was not connected to anything inside.

Personally, I would pass on anything with the Madison name on it.
                  HEY!!! don't you discount the qualities of duct tape that way Zeegs!!! Duct tape is fukkin awesome stuff man!!
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Stay away!

Madison amps are crap! They are made in China and poorly. Service is where they really fall down though. It took me over a month to finally even talk to anyone and that was after getting the General Manager's cell phone number and leaving several messages. They fixed it and it crapped out with the same problem with less than 10 hours on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X