Anybody Try a EH Micro POG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Try a EH Micro POG?

I need something to turn my electric into a decent sounding 12 string when playing live.

Think "Come Again" by Damn Yankees.

I am not hearing good things about the Boss AC pedals.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

If you want to emulate a 12 string acoustic the micro POG will definitely NOT do. I find the octive up to be harsh sounding, and combined with the dry does not make a electric sound like an acoustic.

I haven't tried a Boss AC-3, but saw in the reviews that you have to run it to the PA to get a good sound, not an electric guitar amp.

Comment

Boss PS-5 Pitch Shifter

Comment

Yeah that's about all I can find is the Boss unit.

I am in the process of trying to get something custom built. If I can't then it will have to be the Boss unit.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

For acoustic parts I can sometimes get by using the combined bridge-neck pickup positon with a little chorus and the clean channel of my amp. Just roll the volume knob down a bit to cut some of the highs.

Comment

Well my #1purpose is to get a passable live 12 string sound when doing Come Again by the Damn Yankees.

So I made a decision and picked up the Boss PS-5 on evil bay.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Micro Pog has one of the coolest "promo" videos ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNksldktvHE
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah the Micro POG is cool but by itself it sounds synthetic - better for organ sounds.

You have to use a detune and such to get it close to the 12 string sound and almost everybody has said it does not do a very good 12 string sound.

I listened and listened to every demo on it and to me it does sound synthetic. The octave is just too pronounced.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                X